New releases of Graphic Converter

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
chakort

New releases of Graphic Converter

Post by chakort »

Sure I always like new releases but they seem to smear my MacBook Pro somewhat. The case is when I want to open a file (such as .jpg) there appears a whole list of applications (apps) which I can choose to open the file. The problem is that I have now four (1) times Graphic Converter (261) to choose from. That is a bit too much to choose from and they are probably all the same I hope. Have I done something wrong on installation? Thanks for help Kees Kort - Apeldoorn - Netherlands
thorstenlemke

Re: New releases of Graphic Converter

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,many thanks for your e-mail.Did you maybe install GraphicConverter into more than one location?Thorsten On 12.11.2012, at 21:51, "chakort" <chakort@gmail.com> wrote:   Sure I always like new releases but they seem to smear my MacBook Pro somewhat. The case is when I want to open a file (such as .jpg) there appears a whole list of applications (apps) which I can choose to open the file. The problem is that I have now four (1) times Graphic Converter (261) to choose from. That is a bit too much to choose from and they are probably all the same I hope. Have I done something wrong on installation? Thanks for help Kees Kort - Apeldoorn - Netherlands
Hans Rijnbout

Re: New releases of Graphic Converter

Post by Hans Rijnbout »

On 13 nov. 2012, at 08:35, Thorsten Lemke wrote:Did you maybe install GraphicConverter into more than one location?On 12.11.2012, at 21:51, "chakort" <chakort@gmail.com> wrote:Sure I always like new releases but they seem to smear my MacBook Pro somewhat. The case is when I want to open a file (such as .jpg) there appears a whole list of applications (apps) which I can choose to open the file.The problem is that I have now four (1) times Graphic Converter (261) to choose from. That is a bit too much to choose from and they are probably all the same I hope. Have I done something wrong on installation?Thanks for helpKees Kort - Apeldoorn - Netherlands Most probably the launch services database on your MacBook is out of order. On Apples discussion pages you will find terminal commands to restore this db, or you may try the free "Maintenance" utility at <http://www.titanium.free.fr/> . --Hans RijnboutUtrecht, Netherlands