GC8.x

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
DAVID E

GC8.x

Post by DAVID E »

I have found gc 8.x totally not useable - most functions especially in the browser deleting files or renaming them take minutes if not tens-of-minutes. Admittedly the default folder has some 6,000 files in it. Is the the problem? Have deleted and reset pref until I'm blue in the face. Any one experiencing this? Support says no other reports of this problem. Suggestions? I'm back to v 7.5 for the nonce... David
thorstenlemke

Re: GC8.x

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please trash the prefs. That should solve it.Thorsten:   I have found gc 8.x totally not useable - most functions especially in the browser deleting files or renaming them take minutes if not tens-of-minutes. Admittedly the default folder has some 6,000 files in it. Is the the problem? Have deleted and reset pref until I'm blue in the face. Any one experiencing this? Support says no other reports of this problem. Suggestions? I'm back to v 7.5 for the nonce... David ´
dknodel@swbell.net

Post by dknodel@swbell.net »

No, it doesn't.I searched my hd and deleted anything, applications, documents, even emails with 'graphic converter' in the title.I downloaded a clean copy of GC 8.3.1 build 1058 – no improvement.Every operation, especially moving or deleting an image takes minutes. I am on OSX 10.7.5 – is that a problem?  I am trying to upgrade my mac OS but Apple has some problem with my account  (funny, since I've been a user since 1984), when I have time to call I get sent to India :)GC 7.5 does not have this problem so I guess what's what will I will use.DavidFrom: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:31 AMTo: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] GC8.x   Hello,please trash the prefs. That should solve it.Thorsten:  I have found gc 8.x totally not useable - most functions especially in the browser deleting files or renaming them take minutes if not tens-of-minutes. Admittedly the default folder has some 6,000 files in it. Is the the problem? Have deleted and reset pref until I'm blue in the face. Any one experiencing this? Support says no other reports of this problem. Suggestions? I'm back to v 7.5 for the nonce... David ´
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, the current MacOS does hide the prefs folder. Please follow the directions in the help menu item troubleshooting. Thorsten > > No, it doesn't. > I searched my hd and deleted anything, applications, documents, even emails with 'graphic converter' in the title. > I downloaded a clean copy of GC 8.3.1 build 1058 – no improvement. > Every operation, especially moving or deleting an image takes minutes. I am on OSX 10.7.5 – is that a problem? I am trying to upgrade my mac OS but Apple has some problem with my account (funny, since I've been a user since 1984), when I have time to call I get sent to India :) > > GC 7.5 does not have this problem so I guess what's what will I will use. > > David
John Hill

Post by John Hill »

Now that is REALLy useful! I didn't know that - works with 10.6.8 too. But "Show Support Folder with Finder" does nothing - is that Lion or Mountain Lion only? John. On 26 Nov 2012, at 21:04, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hello, > > the current MacOS does hide the prefs folder. > Please follow the directions in the help menu item troubleshooting. > > Thorsten
T.L. Miller

Post by T.L. Miller »

On 11/26/12, at 10:04 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de said: >the current MacOS does hide the prefs folder. >Please follow the directions in the help menu item troubleshooting. Mountain Tweaks can make that folder visible -- alter other things, too. Tom Miller .................................................. "The only time we see the middle of the road is as we run from side to side." R.O.Clark ...................................................