Weird behavior, GC 8.5

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

Re: Weird behavior, GC 8.5

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,the memory is only used during editing the image. Just close the image and the memory is freed.Thorsten   Thorsten, The file size is on;y 764 KB, not 100 MB. Since I changed TV provider there were many changes to make to the image, many more than 10. I find it easier to cut and paste instead of redrawing, How goes one fix the massive memory usage, other than quitting and restarting GraphicConverter? On Dec 11, 2012, at 7:02 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > > Hello,
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Why does Activity Monitor show that GraphicConverter is using 186.5 MB of Ram and 470.4 MB of Virtual with no images open? On Dec 11, 2012, at 7:21 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > > Hi, > > the memory is only used during editing the image. Just close the image and the memory is freed. > > Thorsten > > >> Thorsten, >> >> The file size is on;y 764 KB, not 100 MB. >> >> Since I changed TV provider there were many changes to make to the image, many more than 10. I find it easier to cut and paste instead of redrawing, >> >> How goes one fix the massive memory usage, other than quitting and restarting GraphicConverter? >> >> On Dec 11, 2012, at 7:02 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >> >> > >> > >> > Hello, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert,I debugged the source. The complete temporary undo memory is freed by calling free upon closing an image file. So, the MacOS does keep the used frameworks and nibs in memory if the memory is not required.Thorsten On 11.12.2012, at 15:53, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:   Thorsten, Why does Activity Monitor show that GraphicConverter is using 186.5 MB of Ram and 470.4 MB of Virtual with no images open? On Dec 11, 2012, at 7:21 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > > Hi,
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Sounds good, Thanks. Since you didn't include a link I'll assume you're referring to version 8.5 (1833). On Dec 13, 2012, at 2:30 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > Hi Robert, > > I debugged the source. The complete temporary undo memory is freed by calling free upon closing an image file. So, the MacOS does keep the used frameworks and nibs in memory if the memory is not required. > > Thorsten > > > On 11.12.2012, at 15:53, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Thorsten, >> >> Why does Activity Monitor show that GraphicConverter is using 186.5 MB of Ram and 470.4 MB of Virtual with no images open? >> >> On Dec 11, 2012, at 7:21 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >> >> > >> > >> > Hi, >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO