NEF to TIFF; labels

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
prath003

NEF to TIFF; labels

Post by prath003 »

Can't say exactly when it happened relative to GC version changes, but suddenly TIFFs converted from NEF files have something odd going on with colors. Unedited, the TIFFs look slightly washed out compared to the NEFs. I can correct it by messing with saturation and gamma, but i don't really know what i'm doing there, and i didn't use to have to correct the TIFFs much, if the image was good to start with. Is there some setting in preferences i've overlooked, that maybe got changed with the most recent version, or that i deleted when i trashed an iffy preference file? Second, and more trivially, but important to me because i'm always being interrupted, edited images still don't change color labels, even though i have that checked in the editor options. This hasn't worked for me since GC 6, but i really really miss it for keeping track of what i've done.
thorstenlemke

Re: NEF to TIFF; labels

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I have one idea. The current version does import NEFs with deep colors (16 bit per channel). Maybe the destination software can't handle 16 bit TIFFs correct.So, please download the latest BETA at:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlGo to the prefs part open/formats/photoraw and uncheck the import with deep colors option.What happens now?Can you please recheck the label issue, too?Thorsten On 11.12.2012, at 18:54, "prath003" <prat0058@umn.edu> wrote:   Can't say exactly when it happened relative to GC version changes, but suddenly TIFFs converted from NEF files have something odd going on with colors. Unedited, the TIFFs look slightly washed out compared to the NEFs. I can correct it by messing with saturation and gamma, but i don't really know what i'm doing there, and i didn't use to have to correct the TIFFs much, if the image was good to start with. Is there some setting in preferences i've overlooked, that maybe got changed with the most recent version, or that i deleted when i trashed an iffy preference file? Second, and more trivially, but important to me because i'm always being interrupted, edited images still don't change color labels, even though i have that checked in the editor options. This hasn't worked for me since GC 6, but i really really miss it for keeping track of what i've done.
prath003

Post by prath003 »

That seems to have fixed the color issue with the TIFFs. Automatic relabeling is still not working, though. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I have one idea. The current version does import NEFs with deep colors (16 bit per channel). Maybe the destination software can't handle 16 bit TIFFs correct. > So, please download the latest BETA at: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > Go to the prefs part open/formats/photoraw and uncheck the import with deep colors option. > > What happens now? > > Can you please recheck the label issue, too? > > Thorsten > > > On 11.12.2012, at 18:54, "prath003" <prat0058@...> wrote: > > > Can't say exactly when it happened relative to GC version changes, but suddenly TIFFs converted from NEF files have something odd going on with colors. Unedited, the TIFFs look slightly washed out compared to the NEFs. I can correct it by messing with saturation and gamma, but i don't really know what i'm doing there, and i didn't use to have to correct the TIFFs much, if the image was good to start with. Is there some setting in preferences i've overlooked, that maybe got changed with the most recent version, or that i deleted when i trashed an iffy preference file? > > > > Second, and more trivially, but important to me because i'm always being interrupted, edited images still don't change color labels, even though i have that checked in the editor options. This hasn't worked for me since GC 6, but i really really miss it for keeping track of what i've done. > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,which relabeling option do you use?On 12.12.2012, at 20:19, "prath003" <prat0058@umn.edu> wrote: That seems to have fixed the color issue with the TIFFs. Automatic relabeling is still not working, though.
prath003

Post by prath003 »

In the photo editor, options, "change label after save to:" i have purple selected, but labels don't change when i save. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > which relabeling option do you use? > > On 12.12.2012, at 20:19, "prath003" <prat0058@...> wrote: > > > That seems to have fixed the color issue with the TIFFs. Automatic relabeling is still not working, though. >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,I fixed it:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten On 13.12.2012, at 15:00, prath003 <prat0058@umn.edu> wrote:   In the photo editor, options, "change label after save to:" i have purple selected, but labels don't change when i save. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > which relabeling option do you use? > > On 12.12.2012, at 20:19, "prath003" <prat0058@...> wrote: > > > That seems to have fixed the color issue with the TIFFs. Automatic relabeling is still not working, though. >