How to turn off "soft zoom" when showing images? + feature request

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
csterndk0862

How to turn off "soft zoom" when showing images? + feature request

Post by csterndk0862 »

1) When I am in the browser and double click an image it is resized to fit the screen (I have set this in the prefs). However, it is quite annoying when looking at a lot of images with different sizes (when I click the "next image arrow" in the top, because all images are resized using a "soft zoom", where the image is zoomed to fill the screen. So, there is a lot of unnecessary movement before the image is displayed. I would like to turn off the soft zoom and just see the resized image at once. Is that possible? 2) In the same (edit) window I have two feature requests: a) That the arrow keys (left and right) should go to previous / next image b) that the image rotation icons should be available in the toolbar, to quickly be able to rotate an image (perhaps even the up/down keys on the keyboard could be set to do this as well) Thanks for your assistance, Claus
thorstenlemke

Re: How to turn off "soft zoom" when showing images? + feature reque

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,thanks for your suggestion.You can use Command+Cursor right/left for 2a).Thorsten On 20.12.2012, at 12:01, "csterndk0862" <stage@sternberg.dk> wrote:   1) When I am in the browser and double click an image it is resized to fit the screen (I have set this in the prefs). However, it is quite annoying when looking at a lot of images with different sizes (when I click the "next image arrow" in the top, because all images are resized using a "soft zoom", where the image is zoomed to fill the screen. So, there is a lot of unnecessary movement before the image is displayed. I would like to turn off the soft zoom and just see the resized image at once. Is that possible? 2) In the same (edit) window I have two feature requests: a) That the arrow keys (left and right) should go to previous / next image b) that the image rotation icons should be available in the toolbar, to quickly be able to rotate an image (perhaps even the up/down keys on the keyboard could be set to do this as well) Thanks for your assistance, Claus
csterndk0862

Post by csterndk0862 »

Thanks - what about the zoom thing? It sometimes look as if the window and image first is enlarged to adjust to the screen size, then flips back to a smaller size. All in all it looks quite confusing when the images are resizing back and forth on the screen. I would prefer just to see the "final resized" image when I click the arrow to go to the next image. Nice about the cmd-Left/Right shortcut. Claus --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > thanks for your suggestion. > > You can use Command+Cursor right/left for 2a). > > Thorsten > > On 20.12.2012, at 12:01, "csterndk0862" <stage@...> wrote: > > > 1) > > When I am in the browser and double click an image it is resized to fit the screen (I have set this in the prefs). > > > > However, it is quite annoying when looking at a lot of images with different sizes (when I click the "next image arrow" in the top, because all images are resized using a "soft zoom", where the image is zoomed to fill the screen. So, there is a lot of unnecessary movement before the image is displayed. > > > > I would like to turn off the soft zoom and just see the resized image at once. Is that possible? > > > > 2) > > > > In the same (edit) window I have two feature requests: > > > > a) That the arrow keys (left and right) should go to previous / next image > > > > b) that the image rotation icons should be available in the toolbar, to quickly be able to rotate an image (perhaps even the up/down keys on the keyboard could be set to do this as well) > > > > Thanks for your assistance, > > Claus > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,just adjust the toolbar with a right mouse click.Thorsten On 20.12.2012, at 12:01, csterndk0862 <stage@sternberg.dk> wrote: that the image rotation icons should be available in the toolbar, to quickly be able to rotate an image (perhaps even the up/down keys on the keyboard could be set to do this as well)
csterndk0862

Post by csterndk0862 »

Thanks - that is perfect! Do you also have a suggestion on how to change the behavior of the "fit to screen" function? It is very frustrating to browse through a lot of images and for each one it is first zoomed out, then zoomed in. I'd prefer the same behavior as the apple image viewer which just shows the fitted image directly - no soft zoom in and out. One last thing: Can I turn off the folder icons? It appear as if it slows down browsing folders with a lot of image containing sub-folders when thje program generates the (very nice) folder icons with tilted thumbnails. The feature is very nice, but sometimes I prefer speed over beauty ;-) Thanks, Claus --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > Hi, > > just adjust the toolbar with a right mouse click. > > Thorsten > > > On 20.12.2012, at 12:01, csterndk0862 wrote: > > > that the image rotation icons should be available in the toolbar, to quickly be able to rotate an image (perhaps even the up/down keys on the keyboard could be set to do this as well) >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Claus,yes, just go to the prefs part browser and turn off the folder preview.Thorsten On 10.01.2013, at 14:31, "csterndk0862" <stage@sternberg.dk> wrote:   Thanks - that is perfect! Do you also have a suggestion on how to change the behavior of the "fit to screen" function? It is very frustrating to browse through a lot of images and for each one it is first zoomed out, then zoomed in. I'd prefer the same behavior as the apple image viewer which just shows the fitted image directly - no soft zoom in and out. One last thing: Can I turn off the folder icons? It appear as if it slows down browsing folders with a lot of image containing sub-folders when thje program generates the (very nice) folder icons with tilted thumbnails. The feature is very nice, but sometimes I prefer speed over beauty ;-) Thanks, Claus --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > Hi, > > just adjust the toolbar with a right mouse click. > > Thorsten > > > On 20.12.2012, at 12:01, csterndk0862 wrote: > > > that the image rotation icons should be available in the toolbar, to quickly be able to rotate an image (perhaps even the up/down keys on the keyboard could be set to do this as well) >
csterndk0862

Post by csterndk0862 »

Thanks. I have a little trouble finding it in the Danish translation. Can I switch to English? Claus --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > Hello Claus, > > yes, just go to the prefs part browser and turn off the folder preview. > > Thorsten > > > On 10.01.2013, at 14:31, "csterndk0862" wrote: > > > Thanks - that is perfect! > > > > Do you also have a suggestion on how to change the behavior of the "fit to screen" function? It is very frustrating to browse through a lot of images and for each one it is first zoomed out, then zoomed in. I'd prefer the same behavior as the apple image viewer which just shows the fitted image directly - no soft zoom in and out. > > > > One last thing: Can I turn off the folder icons? It appear as if it slows down browsing folders with a lot of image containing sub-folders when thje program generates the (very nice) folder icons with tilted thumbnails. The feature is very nice, but sometimes I prefer speed over beauty ;-) > > > > Thanks, > > > > Claus > > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > > > > > Hi, > > > > > > just adjust the toolbar with a right mouse click. > > > > > > Thorsten > > > > > > > > > On 20.12.2012, at 12:01, csterndk0862 wrote: > > > > > > > that the image rotation icons should be available in the toolbar, to quickly be able to rotate an image (perhaps even the up/down keys on the keyboard could be set to do this as well) > > > > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Claus,yes, simple move the English language in your system panel / language to the top and launch GraphicConverter.Thorsten On 11.01.2013, at 12:00, "csterndk0862" <stage@sternberg.dk> wrote:   Thanks. I have a little trouble finding it in the Danish translation. Can I switch to English? Claus --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > Hello Claus, > > yes, just go to the prefs part browser and turn off the folder preview. > > Thorsten > > > On 10.01.2013, at 14:31, "csterndk0862" wrote: > > > Thanks - that is perfect!