Miniature photo windows in new Retina Display version

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Mark H. Anbinder

Miniature photo windows in new Retina Display version

Post by Mark H. Anbinder »

Since I installed the new Retina Display aware version of GraphicConverter, version 8.5, my photo windows have been opening in a teeny quarter-size window, rather than opening to fill most of the screen as they have in the past. I suspect this is because they are opening to show exactly the same number of pixels -- which are now half as wide and half as tall. I've searched throughout the preferences to try to find a setting I could use to fix this, and haven't found anything. Could anyone please point me to an adjustment I can make so photo windows will once again open the way they used to, or Thorsten, could you please consider this a bug report and/or feature request to be addressed as soon as you can? Thanks, all! -- Mark H. Anbinder mha@14850.com Public Communications Inc - 14850 Dining - 14850 Today - 14850 Magazine At 14850.com we eat, drink, live, and breathe Ithaca. http://www.14850.com/
Hagen Henke

Re: Miniature photo windows in new Retina Display version

Post by Hagen Henke »

prefs / general / display content there is a pop up menu. Hagen Henke Am 10.01.2013 um 20:06 schrieb Mark H. Anbinder: > > Since I installed the new Retina Display aware version of GraphicConverter, version 8.5, my photo windows have been opening in a teeny quarter-size window, rather than opening to fill most of the screen as they have in the past. I suspect this is because they are opening to show exactly the same number of pixels -- which are now half as wide and half as tall. > > I've searched throughout the preferences to try to find a setting I could use to fix this, and haven't found anything. Could anyone please point me to an adjustment I can make so photo windows will once again open the way they used to, or Thorsten, could you please consider this a bug report and/or feature request to be addressed as soon as you can? > > Thanks, all! > > -- > Mark H. Anbinder mha@14850.com > Public Communications Inc - 14850 Dining - 14850 Today - 14850 Magazine > > At 14850.com we eat, drink, live, and breathe Ithaca. http://www.14850.com/ > >
Mark H. Anbinder

On Jan 10, 2013, at 2:32 PM, Hagen Henke <hagen.henke@gmx.de> wrote: > prefs / general / display content there is a pop up menu. Thank you very much, Hagen. I had seen that and experimented briefly, but it hadn't seemed to do what I wanted. I've now experimented more completely, and I find that the combination of "Always use 100%, scroll large images" (which doesn't SOUND like what I want) and "Fit image to window after resizing" checked DOES do what I want. I really appreciate the assistance! -- Mark H. Anbinder mha@14850.com Public Communications Inc - 14850 Dining - 14850 Today - 14850 Magazine At 14850.com we eat, drink, live, and breathe Ithaca. http://www.14850.com/
Mike Bauers

Post by Mike Bauers »

I'm trying to follow this. I don't see the display content settings in version 1110, GC 8.5.1, which GC version is this found in? Best to ya... Mike Bauers Milwaukee, Wi, USA On Jan 10, 2013, at 1:32 PM, Hagen Henke <hagen.henke@gmx.de> wrote: > prefs / general / display content there is a pop up menu. > > Hagen Henke > > Am 10.01.2013 um 20:06 schrieb Mark H. Anbinder: > >> >> Since I installed the new Retina Display aware version of GraphicConverter, version 8.5, my photo windows have been opening in a teeny quarter-size window, rather than opening to fill most of the screen as they have in the past. I suspect this is because they are opening to show exactly the same number of pixels -- which are now half as wide and half as tall. >> >> I've searched throughout the preferences to try to find a setting I could use to fix this, and haven't found anything. Could anyone please point me to an adjustment I can make so photo windows will once again open the way they used to, or Thorsten, could you please consider this a bug report and/or feature request to be addressed as soon as you can? >> >> Thanks, all! >> >> -- >> Mark H. Anbinder mha@14850.com >> Public Communications Inc - 14850 Dining - 14850 Today - 14850 Magazine >> >> At 14850.com we eat, drink, live, and breathe Ithaca. http://www.14850.com/ >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
Mike Bauers

Post by Mike Bauers »

On Jan 10, 2013, at 1:37 PM, Mark H. Anbinder <mha@14850.com> wrote: > > On Jan 10, 2013, at 2:32 PM, Hagen Henke <hagen.henke@gmx.de> wrote: > >> prefs / general / display content there is a pop up menu. > > Thank you very much, Hagen. I had seen that and experimented briefly, but it hadn't seemed to do what I wanted. Where do I find the options you mention below ? > > I've now experimented more completely, and I find that the combination of "Always use 100%, scroll large images" (which doesn't SOUND like what I want) and "Fit image to window after resizing" checked DOES do what I want. > > I really appreciate the assistance! Best to ya... Mike Bauers Milwaukee, Wi, USA
Mark H. Anbinder

Mike wonders... > I don't see the display content settings in version 1110, GC 8.5.1, which GC version is this found in? This is version 8.5, build 1101. I'm finding that if I click the General icon at the top left of the Preferences window, the second choice in the left-hand column is Display Content. That's where the Editor Window pane lives, and where I was able to fix this problem. -- Mark H. Anbinder mha@14850.com Public Communications Inc - 14850 Dining - 14850 Today - 14850 Magazine At 14850.com we eat, drink, live, and breathe Ithaca. http://www.14850.com/
Mike Bauers

Post by Mike Bauers »

Thank you, Seems I was in the Browser tab of preferences, then the General option, and that's how I got lost. I really need new glasses........... Best to ya... Mike Bauers Milwaukee, Wi, USA On Jan 11, 2013, at 6:34 AM, "Mark H. Anbinder" <mha@14850.com> wrote: > Mike wonders... > >> I don't see the display content settings in version 1110, GC 8.5.1, which GC version is this found in? > > This is version 8.5, build 1101. > > I'm finding that if I click the General icon at the top left of the Preferences window, the second choice in the left-hand column is Display Content. That's where the Editor Window pane lives, and where I was able to fix this problem.
Mark H. Anbinder

I said... > I've now experimented more completely, and I find that the combination of "Always use 100%, scroll large images" (which doesn't SOUND like what I want) and "Fit image to window after resizing" checked DOES do what I want. Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. It turns out that that combination always re-resizes the image, forcing it to fit to the window, if I try zooming in. Of course, I fairly often need to zoom in, and zooming in only to have the image re-shrink itself to the exact same size as before is, shall we say, frustrating. So, I'm back to my original request. I'd like to have GraphicConverter go back to its previous behavior of opening each image in a window that fills most of the screen, rather than a window a quarter that size containing the same number of pixels. -- Mark H. Anbinder mha@14850.com Public Communications Inc - 14850 Dining - 14850 Today - 14850 Magazine At 14850.com we eat, drink, live, and breathe Ithaca. http://www.14850.com/
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, how do you switch between the images? Thorsten On 12.01.2013, at 21:15, "Mark H. Anbinder" <mha@14850.com> wrote: > I said... > >> I've now experimented more completely, and I find that the combination of "Always use 100%, scroll large images" (which doesn't SOUND like what I want) and "Fit image to window after resizing" checked DOES do what I want.
Mark H. Anbinder

On Jan 12, 2013, at 3:20 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > how do you switch between the images? Most of the time, I close one and open the next one I wish to see from the browser window. -- Mark H. Anbinder mha@14850.com Public Communications Inc - 14850 Dining - 14850 Today - 14850 Magazine At 14850.com we eat, drink, live, and breathe Ithaca. http://www.14850.com/