Creating Gif animations

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
davegaskell@rocketmail.com

Creating Gif animations

Post by davegaskell@rocketmail.com »

Hi, I'm an event photographer and I'm trying to develop a copy protection scheme to stop or reduce my pictures from being screen shot and stolen so easily. I've come up with the idea a rotating black rectangle that covers a quarter of a picture at a time at one second or so intervals like this, http://makeagif.com/i/jQrNvM which I've created using a website called makeagif.com. This way viewers can see the all parts of the picture but only three quarters at any one time and that's all they'll get if they take a screen shot. This version works ok but a friend suggested I do it using GraphicConverter then it could be scripted and batches of several hundred pictures could be turned into such Gifs more easily. So I've started playing around with GC to create such a gif. The resulting file (which I was going to attach but can't work out how ???) works fine when I open it in FireFox with a consistant delay between each frame but doesn't behave correctly in either Safari, Opera or Preview with the timing being irregular between frames. Any ideas why this should be? Regards, Dave.
David L. Wasley

Re: Creating Gif animations

Post by David L. Wasley »

Nice picture.But maybe you should rethink the concept. David On Jan 12, 2013, at 9:33 AM, davegaskell@rocketmail.com wrote:   Hi, I'm an event photographer and I'm trying to develop a copy protection scheme to stop or reduce my pictures from being screen shot and stolen so easily. I've come up with the idea a rotating black rectangle that covers a quarter of a picture at a time at one second or so intervals like this, http://makeagif.com/i/jQrNvM which I've created using a website called makeagif.com. This way viewers can see the all parts of the picture but only three quarters at any one time and that's all they'll get if they take a screen shot. This version works ok but a friend suggested I do it using GraphicConverter then it could be scripted and batches of several hundred pictures could be turned into such Gifs more easily. So I've started playing around with GC to create such a gif. The resulting file (which I was going to attach but can't work out how ???) works fine when I open it in FireFox with a consistant delay between each frame but doesn't behave correctly in either Safari, Opera or Preview with the timing being irregular between frames. Any ideas why this should be? Regards, Dave.
davegaskell@rocketmail.com

Re: Creating Gif animations

Post by davegaskell@rocketmail.com »

Thank you for demonstrating that. Did you stitch the four quarters together or is it easier than that? Really all I'm looking for is an obstacle to put in the way of would be screen grabbers that takes a few minutes longer than taking a screen shot. Any ideas? Regards, Dave. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "David L. Wasley" wrote: > > Nice picture. > > > > But maybe you should rethink the concept. > > David > > > On Jan 12, 2013, at 9:33 AM, davegaskell@... wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I'm an event photographer and I'm trying to develop a copy protection scheme to stop or reduce my pictures from being screen shot and stolen so easily. > > > > I've come up with the idea a rotating black rectangle that covers a quarter of a picture at a time at one second or so intervals like this, http://makeagif.com/i/jQrNvM which I've created using a website called makeagif.com. This way viewers can see the all parts of the picture but only three quarters at any one time and that's all they'll get if they take a screen shot. > > > > This version works ok but a friend suggested I do it using GraphicConverter then it could be scripted and batches of several hundred pictures could be turned into such Gifs more easily. > > > > So I've started playing around with GC to create such a gif. The resulting file (which I was going to attach but can't work out how ???) works fine when I open it in FireFox with a consistant delay between each frame but doesn't behave correctly in either Safari, Opera or Preview with the timing being irregular between frames. Any ideas why this should be? > > > > Regards, > > > > Dave. > > > > >