Dashed border, GONE???

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

Dashed border, GONE???

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, When I do a Command + A the dashed boarder NEVER contains the entire image. Will it ever return? TIA Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Christopher Stone

Re: Dashed border, GONE???

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Jan 24, 2013, at 21:54, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > When I do a Command + A the dashed boarder NEVER contains the entire image. > > Will it ever return? ______________________________________________________________________ Hey Bob, Huh? The latest beta: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32860906/Graph ... .36.53.jpg -- Best Regards, Chris
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Chris,Also the latest beta. On Jan 24, 2013, at 9:38 PM, Christopher Stone <listmeister@thestoneforge.com> wrote:On Jan 24, 2013, at 21:54, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:When I do a Command + A the dashed boarder NEVER contains the entire image.Will it ever return?______________________________________________________________________Hey Bob,Huh?The latest beta:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32860906/Graph ... .jpg--Best Regards,ChrisRobert Poland2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” iMac  12 GB Ram, 1TB HD  OS X 10.8.2 (12C54)
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Jan 24, 2013, at 22:46, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Also the latest beta. ______________________________________________________________________ Hey Bob, Hmm. I'd send the image to Thorsten, so he can test. If the image is not too humongous you could send it to me to test as well - to make certain it's not a settings issue. -- Best Regards, Chris
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert,that works here - default prefs are used.Thorsten On 25.01.2013, at 04:54, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:   Thorsten, When I do a Command + A the dashed boarder NEVER contains the entire image. Will it ever return? TIA Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten,Apparently my last image failed to go through. So here is a new one.NOTE: the dashes only appear on the left and bottom.I'll load the latest beta then I'll try trashing the preferences.TRASHING THE PREFS CURED THE DASHES PROBLEM.Now the tedious process of recreating all my settings...QUESTION: Did you remove the feature to save settings so when prefs are trashed they don't have to be recreated?NOTE: Neither the dashes nor the Threshold bug were fixed in the latest release.Nor was the shortcut keys added to Hagens Manual, page 51. On Jan 25, 2013, at 1:03 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:Hi Robert,that works here - default prefs are used.<GraphicConverterScreenSnapz001.png>ThorstenOn 25.01.2013, at 04:54, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:Thorsten,When I do a Command + A the dashed boarder NEVER contains the entire image.Will it ever return?TIARobert Poland - Fort Collins, CO Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Vaessen

Post by Robert Vaessen »

Robert -I don't think you're encountering a bug, it's just the effect of a combination of preference settings.Settings: General->Display Content : In the 'Background' settings; Checking the 'Display with frame' checkbox puts a dashed frame all the way around a selected image. When the check box is not selected, the frame only appears on the bottom and right hand sides.Another setting that affects the 'frame' is 'Use large handles'.Settings: General->Edit : In the 'Selection' settings; Checking the 'Use large handles' checkbox puts a small square at the center on each side of a selected image. The 'handle' is visible even when the 'frame' is not. When both settings are disabled, the dashed lines are only visible on the bottom and left of a selected image; and, there are no 'handles' visible.Here's an image with 'Frames' and 'Handles' enabled (both checked).(Note I didn't add an image with both disabled, as the Yahoo groups is likely to disallow posting of that much content. Hopefully the first image makes it through to the list.)- RobertOn Jan 25, 2013, at 7:40 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: Thorsten,Apparently my last image failed to go through. So here is a new one.NOTE: the dashes only appear on the left and bottom.I'll load the latest beta then I'll try trashing the preferences.TRASHING THE PREFS CURED THE DASHES PROBLEM.Now the tedious process of recreating all my settings...QUESTION: Did you remove the feature to save settings so when prefs are trashed they don't have to be recreated?NOTE: Neither the dashes nor the Threshold bug were fixed in the latest release.Nor was the shortcut keys added to Hagens Manual, page 51.On Jan 25, 2013, at 1:03 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:Hi Robert,that works here - default prefs are used.<GraphicConverterScreenSnapz001.png>ThorstenOn 25.01.2013, at 04:54, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:Thorsten,When I do a Command + A the dashed boarder NEVER contains the entire image.Will it ever return?TIARobert Poland - Fort Collins, CO Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO<Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 7.14.36 AM.png>
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Robert, My settings WERE CORRECT. The problem was (as I said below) that the Preferences were damaged. On Jan 25, 2013, at 8:16 AM, Robert Vaessen <gcmac.yahoo@vaessen.net> wrote: > Robert - > > I don't think you're encountering a bug, it's just the effect of a combination of preference settings. > > Settings: General->Display Content : In the 'Background' settings; Checking the 'Display with frame' checkbox puts a dashed frame all the way around a selected image. When the check box is not selected, the frame only appears on the bottom and right hand sides. > > Another setting that affects the 'frame' is 'Use large handles'. > Settings: General->Edit : In the 'Selection' settings; Checking the 'Use large handles' checkbox puts a small square at the center on each side of a selected image. The 'handle' is visible even when the 'frame' is not. > > When both settings are disabled, the dashed lines are only visible on the bottom and left of a selected image; and, there are no 'handles' visible. > > Here's an image with 'Frames' and 'Handles' enabled (both checked). > > (Note I didn't add an image with both disabled, as the Yahoo groups is likely to disallow posting of that much content. Hopefully the first image makes it through to the list.) > > - Robert > > > > <Voila_Capture620.png> > > > > > > > On Jan 25, 2013, at 7:40 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Thorsten, >> >> Apparently my last image failed to go through. So here is a new one. >> >> NOTE: the dashes only appear on the left and bottom. >> >> I'll load the latest beta then I'll try trashing the preferences. >> >> TRASHING THE PREFS CURED THE DASHES PROBLEM. >> >> Now the tedious process of recreating all my settings... >> >> QUESTION: Did you remove the feature to save settings so when prefs are trashed they don't have to be recreated? >> >> NOTE: Neither the dashes nor the Threshold bug were fixed in the latest release. >> >> Nor was the shortcut keys added to Hagens Manual, page 51. >> >> >> >> On Jan 25, 2013, at 1:03 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >> >>> Hi Robert, >>> >>> that works here - default prefs are used. >>> >>> <GraphicConverterScreenSnapz001.png> >>> Thorsten >>> >>> On 25.01.2013, at 04:54, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >>> >>>> Thorsten, >>>> >>>> When I do a Command + A the dashed boarder NEVER contains the entire image. >>>> >>>> Will it ever return? >>>> >>>> TIA >>>> >>>> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >>>> >>>> >>> >>> >> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >> >> >> <Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 7.14.36 AM.png> > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Vaessen

Post by Robert Vaessen »

Robert - (Note - This reply not posted to the Yahoo list) You never said that your 'Preferences were damaged'. You said 'TRASHING THE PREFS CURED THE DASHES PROBLEM.' That's not quite the same. I'm thinking that trashing your prefs cured the problem because they reset to a default state that had the 'Display with frame' setting enabled. Perhaps you had deselected that setting at some point in the recent past. You have indicated that trashing your prefs cured the dashes problem. Is the 'Display with frame' setting checked or unchecked? If it is checked and you see a dashed frame around the entire image then it's behaving the way you want it to. If you deselect/uncheck it, the dashed line should only appear on the left and bottom of a selected image. Your settings aren't 'Correct' or 'Incorrect' they're just settings... Since you didn't indicate what your settings were set to, we can only conclude that they were different than those who didn't have the same problem (dashed line not appearing all the way around a selected object). I hope you're not upset with me for suggesting a reason for the missing dashed lines. Your use of all caps indicates shouting, which is sometimes perceived by the recipient as aggression, anger or displeasure with the correspondent. - Robert Vaessen of Aurora, Colorado. On Jan 25, 2013, at 8:36 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Robert, > > My settings WERE CORRECT. > > The problem was (as I said below) that the Preferences were damaged. > > > On Jan 25, 2013, at 8:16 AM, Robert Vaessen <gcmac.yahoo@vaessen.net> wrote: > >> Robert - >> >> I don't think you're encountering a bug, it's just the effect of a combination of preference settings. >> >> Settings: General->Display Content : In the 'Background' settings; Checking the 'Display with frame' checkbox puts a dashed frame all the way around a selected image. When the check box is not selected, the frame only appears on the bottom and right hand sides. >> >> Another setting that affects the 'frame' is 'Use large handles'. >> Settings: General->Edit : In the 'Selection' settings; Checking the 'Use large handles' checkbox puts a small square at the center on each side of a selected image. The 'handle' is visible even when the 'frame' is not. >> >> When both settings are disabled, the dashed lines are only visible on the bottom and left of a selected image; and, there are no 'handles' visible. >> >> Here's an image with 'Frames' and 'Handles' enabled (both checked). >> >> (Note I didn't add an image with both disabled, as the Yahoo groups is likely to disallow posting of that much content. Hopefully the first image makes it through to the list.) >> >> - Robert >> >> >> >> <Voila_Capture620.png> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> On Jan 25, 2013, at 7:40 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >> >>> Thorsten, >>> >>> Apparently my last image failed to go through. So here is a new one. >>> >>> NOTE: the dashes only appear on the left and bottom. >>> >>> I'll load the latest beta then I'll try trashing the preferences. >>> >>> TRASHING THE PREFS CURED THE DASHES PROBLEM. >>> >>> Now the tedious process of recreating all my settings... >>> >>> QUESTION: Did you remove the feature to save settings so when prefs are trashed they don't have to be recreated? >>> >>> NOTE: Neither the dashes nor the Threshold bug were fixed in the latest release. >>> >>> Nor was the shortcut keys added to Hagens Manual, page 51. >>> >>> >>> >>> On Jan 25, 2013, at 1:03 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >>> >>>> Hi Robert, >>>> >>>> that works here - default prefs are used. >>>> >>>> <GraphicConverterScreenSnapz001.png> >>>> Thorsten >>>> >>>> On 25.01.2013, at 04:54, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >>>> >>>>> Thorsten, >>>>> >>>>> When I do a Command + A the dashed boarder NEVER contains the entire image. >>>>> >>>>> Will it ever return? >>>>> >>>>> TIA >>>>> >>>>> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >>>>> >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >>> >>> >>> <Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 7.14.36 AM.png> >> > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > >