Files saved from batch jobs are too big

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Don Sample

Files saved from batch jobs are too big

Post by Don Sample »

When you run a batch to convert images, it seems that the file is saved with a resource fork, and previews, etc, despite how you have your file save preferences set. After running a batch, I find that files it created tend to be about 10 times the size that I want them to be. A 200K jpg file ends up taking up 2MB of disk space. Opening the file, and then saving it again without doing anything else will shrink it down to the proper size.
thorstenlemke

Re: Files saved from batch jobs are too big

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,did you uncheck the adding of a resource fork.Thorsten On 31.01.2013, at 14:23, Don Sample <dsample@mac.com> wrote:   When you run a batch to convert images, it seems that the file is saved with a resource fork, and previews, etc, despite how you have your file save preferences set. After running a batch, I find that files it created tend to be about 10 times the size that I want them to be. A 200K jpg file ends up taking up 2MB of disk space. Opening the file, and then saving it again without doing anything else will shrink it down to the proper size.
Don Sample

Post by Don Sample »

Yes. It is only when files are being saved during a batch operation that this happens. When I open, modify and save files manually, the files are the correct size. On 2013-01-31, at 9:11 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > > Hi, > > did you uncheck the adding of a resource fork. > > Thorsten > > > On 31.01.2013, at 14:23, Don Sample <dsample@mac.com> wrote: > >> When you run a batch to convert images, it seems that the file is saved with a resource fork, and previews, etc, despite how you have your file save preferences set. >> >> After running a batch, I find that files it created tend to be about 10 times the size that I want them to be. A 200K jpg file ends up taking up 2MB of disk space. Opening the file, and then saving it again without doing anything else will shrink it down to the proper size. >> > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please go to the prefs part save and uncheck the adding of the resource in general.Thorsten On 31.01.2013, at 23:04, Don Sample <dsample@mac.com> wrote:   Yes. It is only when files are being saved during a batch operation that this happens. When I open, modify and save files manually, the files are the correct size. On 2013-01-31, at 9:11 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > 
Don Sample

Post by Don Sample »

As I stated, it is unchecked. On 2013-02-01, at 2:45 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > > Hello, > > please go to the prefs part save and uncheck the adding of the resource in general. > > Thorsten > On 31.01.2013, at 23:04, Don Sample <dsample@mac.com> wrote: > >> Yes. >> >> It is only when files are being saved during a batch operation that this happens. When I open, modify and save files manually, the files are the correct size. >> >> On 2013-01-31, at 9:11 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >> >> > >> > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,hmm, did you try to trash the prefs?Thorsten On 01.02.2013, at 08:57, Don Sample <dsample@mac.com> wrote:   As I stated, it is unchecked. On 2013-02-01, at 2:45 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > > Hello, > > please go to the prefs part save and uncheck the adding of the resource in general. > > Thorsten > On 31.01.2013, at 23:04, Don Sample dsample@mac.com> wrote: > >> Yes. >> >> It is only when files are being saved during a batch operation that this happens. When I open, modify and save files manually, the files are the correct size. >> >> On 2013-01-31, at 9:11 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >> >> > >> > > 
Don Sample

Post by Don Sample »

Okay, that seems to have fixed it. On 2013-02-01, at 2:59 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > > Hello, > > hmm, did you try to trash the prefs? > > Thorsten > > On 01.02.2013, at 08:57, Don Sample <dsample@mac.com> wrote: > >> As I stated, it is unchecked. >> >> On 2013-02-01, at 2:45 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >> >> > >> > >> > Hello, >> > >> > please go to the prefs part save and uncheck the adding of the resource in general. >> > >> > Thorsten >> > On 31.01.2013, at 23:04, Don Sample dsample@mac.com> wrote: >> > >> >> Yes. >> >> >> >> It is only when files are being saved during a batch operation that this happens. When I open, modify and save files manually, the files are the correct size. >> >> >> >> On 2013-01-31, at 9:11 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >> >> >> >> > >> >> >> > >> > >> > > >