fill transparent with color (Black)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

fill transparent with color (Black)

Post by Robert Poland »

Hi,Is there a ways to fill a transparent background with the color black?Other than going to Photoshop and using layers?TIA,Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Re: fill transparent with color (Black)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Robert, just show the alpha channel inside GraphicConverter and edit it. Thorsten On 02.02.2013, at 18:28, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a ways to fill a transparent background with the color black? > > Other than going to Photoshop and using layers? > > > TIA, > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thanks Thorsten, I have edited the alpha channel and tried to apply it and flatten it etc. Nothing I tried seems to turn the transparent area black. On Feb, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hello Robert, > > just show the alpha channel inside GraphicConverter and edit it. > > Thorsten > > > On 02.02.2013, at 18:28, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> Is there a ways to fill a transparent background with the color black? >> >> Other than going to Photoshop and using layers? >> >> >> TIA, >> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,just e-mail the file.Thorsten On 02.02.2013, at 20:13, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:   Thanks Thorsten, I have edited the alpha channel and tried to apply it and flatten it etc. Nothing I tried seems to turn the transparent area black. On Feb, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hello Robert, > > just show the alpha channel inside GraphicConverter and edit it. > > Thorsten > > > On 02.02.2013, at 18:28, Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> Is there a ways to fill a transparent background with the color black? >> >> Other than going to Photoshop and using layers? >> >> 
David L. Wasley

Post by David L. Wasley »

One simple way is to create a "new image" the same size and make it all black.  Then cut/paste the original over it. David Wasley Oakland, CA On Feb 2, 2013, at 11:13 AM, Robert Poland wrote:   Thanks Thorsten, I have edited the alpha channel and tried to apply it and flatten it etc. Nothing I tried seems to turn the transparent area black. On Feb, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hello Robert, > > just show the alpha channel inside GraphicConverter and edit it. > > Thorsten > > > On 02.02.2013, at 18:28, Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> Is there a ways to fill a transparent background with the color black? >> >> Other than going to Photoshop and using layers? >> >> >> TIA, >> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On Feb 2, 2013, at 1:02 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:Hello,just e-mail the file.ThorstenOn 02.02.2013, at 20:13, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:Thanks Thorsten,I have edited the alpha channel and tried to apply it and flatten it etc.Nothing I tried seems to turn the transparent area black.On Feb, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:> Hello Robert,> > just show the alpha channel inside GraphicConverter and edit it.> > Thorsten> > > On 02.02.2013, at 18:28, Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net> wrote:> >> Hi,>> >> Is there a ways to fill a transparent background with the color black?>> >> Other than going to Photoshop and using layers?>> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

David, You're right it did work as did the Photoshop Elements Layers but there should be a command in GrapgicConverter. On Feb 2, 2013, at 1:03 PM, "David L. Wasley" <dlwasley@earthlink.net> wrote: > One simple way is to create a "new image" the same size and make it all black. Then cut/paste the original over it. > > <_my paste over black back.jpg> > > > David Wasley > Oakland, CA > > On Feb 2, 2013, at 11:13 AM, Robert Poland wrote: > >> Thanks Thorsten, >> >> I have edited the alpha channel and tried to apply it and flatten it etc. >> >> Nothing I tried seems to turn the transparent area black. >> >> On Feb, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >> >> > Hello Robert, >> > >> > just show the alpha channel inside GraphicConverter and edit it. >> > >> > Thorsten >> > >> > >> > On 02.02.2013, at 18:28, Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >> > >> >> Hi, >> >> >> >> Is there a ways to fill a transparent background with the color black? >> >> >> >> Other than going to Photoshop and using layers? >> >> >> >> >> >> TIA, >> >> >> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,here is the very simple method in GraphicConverter:1. open the file2. select black as background color in the toolbox3. select picture/alpha channel/flattenReally simple.Thorsten On 02.02.2013, at 21:20, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:On Feb 2, 2013, at 1:02 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:Hello,just e-mail the file.ThorstenOn 02.02.2013, at 20:13, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thanks Thorsten, That's almost too easy. On Feb 2, 2013, at 1:39 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > > Hi, > > here is the very simple method in GraphicConverter: > 1. open the file > 2. select black as background color in the toolbox > 3. select picture/alpha channel/flatten > > Really simple. > > Thorsten > > > On 02.02.2013, at 21:20, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> >> On Feb 2, 2013, at 1:02 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >> >>> >>> >>> Hello, >>> >>> just e-mail the file. >>> >>> Thorsten >>> >>> On 02.02.2013, at 20:13, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO