Lost iPad geo data when converting

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
wnorbit

Lost iPad geo data when converting

Post by wnorbit »

Is the gps data from iPad photos different so that GC does not save completely? When I batch convert from GC Browser, most of the gps data is lost . The latitude stays the same, the longitude switches from west to east (positive value), and the altitude/distance/tilt/azimuth is lost. What I did: iPadPhotos transfered to folder on hard drive -> Open PhotoA for edit. Auto level and sharpen. Save&Next puts original jpg in "original" folder and saves new as .tif. After all are adjusted, opened folder in GC browser. Batch Convert all the tif files to jpeg. Original gps data from iPad photos is missing from final jpeg files. Is there a preference setting I have missed? Thanks. GC8.5.1 (1116) WNO
thorstenlemke

Re: Lost iPad geo data when converting

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,hmm, do you have the latest software on your iPad? Apple has a bug in the gps data in the past.Did you check the gps data in the exif data?Thorsten On 09.02.2013, at 03:30, "wnorbit" <wnorbit@yahoo.com> wrote:   Is the gps data from iPad photos different so that GC does not save completely? When I batch convert from GC Browser, most of the gps data is lost . The latitude stays the same, the longitude switches from west to east (positive value), and the altitude/distance/tilt/azimuth is lost. What I did: iPadPhotos transfered to folder on hard drive -> Open PhotoA for edit. Auto level and sharpen. Save&Next puts original jpg in "original" folder and saves new as .tif. After all are adjusted, opened folder in GC browser. Batch Convert all the tif files to jpeg. Original gps data from iPad photos is missing from final jpeg files. Is there a preference setting I have missed? Thanks. GC8.5.1 (1116) WNO
wnorbit

Re: Lost iPad geo data when converting

Post by wnorbit »

Thanks for the response. It is not my iPad so I cannot verify the software status. From Exif Tool in GC, the original jpg says: Make:Apple Camera Model Name:iPad 2 Orientation:Horizontal (normal) X Resolution:72 Y Resolution:72 Resolution Unit:inches Software:6.0.1 Modify Date:2013:01:27 19:30:00 Y Cb Cr Positioning:Centered ---- GPS ---- GPS Version ID:2.2.0.0 GPS Latitude Ref:North GPS Latitude:44 deg xx' xx.xx" GPS Longitude Ref:West GPS Longitude:93 deg xx' xx.xx" GPS Altitude Ref:Above Sea Level GPS Altitude:389.6550868 m GPS Time Stamp:20:14:45.51 GPS Img Direction Ref:True North GPS Img Direction:117.5783582 The tif from "save&Next" has the same information, just in a different order and some additional info that seems to be tif-related. Once that tif is batch converted to a jpeg, the gps information is lost. WNO --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > Hello, > > hmm, do you have the latest software on your iPad? Apple has a bug in the gps data in the past. > > Did you check the gps data in the exif data? > > Thorsten > > On 09.02.2013, at 03:30, "wnorbit" wrote: > > > Is the gps data from iPad photos different so that GC does not save completely? When I batch convert from GC Browser, most of the gps data is lost . The latitude stays the same, the longitude switches from west to east (positive value), and the altitude/distance/tilt/azimuth is lost. > > > > What I did: iPadPhotos transfered to folder on hard drive -> Open PhotoA for edit. Auto level and sharpen. Save&Next puts original jpg in "original" folder and saves new as .tif. After all are adjusted, opened folder in GC browser. Batch Convert all the tif files to jpeg. Original gps data from iPad photos is missing from final jpeg files. > > > > Is there a preference setting I have missed? Thanks. > > GC8.5.1 (1116) > > WNO > > > > >