Find grayscale images in directory?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Tom Boyd

Re: Question about Viewer Window in Browser

Post by Tom Boyd »

Attachments :Screen Shot 2013-02-19 at 3.40.01 PM.pngIs this the toolbox?Tom
thorstenlemke

Re: Question about Viewer Window in Browser [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, yes.Thorsten .
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Correct me if I'm wrong; The Loupe tool is labeled Zoom and resides in the Toolbox which is labeled Tools. The Loupe tool is not referenced in Hagen's Manual. On Feb 19, 2013, at 12:45 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > > Hello Tom, > > in the Toolbox. > > Thorsten > > > On 19.02.2013, at 20:08, Tom Boyd <thboyd1@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Where do I find the loupe tool? >> >> >> Tom Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Tom Boyd

Re: Question about Viewer Window in Browser [1 Attachment]

Post by Tom Boyd »

Oh. I see the zoom tool which allows me to click and drag an area to be zoomed. What I was expected is a smaller window that I can drag around the image and it will show a zoomed view of the part of the image indicated. Like clicking on the 100% button in the browser preview window. Am I'm missing something?
jamesk8752

Post by jamesk8752 »

Hi Thorsten, Following the current discussion of the Loupe function in this forum, I see that I have confused the "Loupe", which is available in the Toolbox, with the "100% View Box", which is available in the Browser Viewer. I have been referring to the latter in my posts here, but mistakenly used the term Loupe. What I am looking for is an option which would allow me to unlink these 100% View Boxes at those times when I am examining several images at once in the Viewer and would like to see different areas of the images at 100%. This would be useful when I am trying to examine the same part of the subject in images which are not aligned perfectly with one another (i.e., when the camera position changed slightly between shots). Is this possible, and if so, might you add it as an option in the Browser/Viewer menu? I really appreciate all that you do to expand and refine the capabilities of GC for us. Thanks! Regards, Jim --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > also, just use the 100% button to enable/disable the feature. > > Thorsten > > On 16.02.2013, at 21:18, jamesk8752 <jamesk8752@...> wrote: > > > Hi Thorsten, > > > > The frustrating thing is that the "unlinked loupes" behavior is erratic - I don't know what triggers it, and it is repeatable for certain image pairs but never occurs for others. It occurs infrequently, thank goodness! Also, I have seen it with many different versions of GC, not just my current one (v8.5.3 build 1141). > > > > Here are links to one pair of images that show this behavior: > > > > http://www.pbase.com/jamesk8752/image/148811618 > > http://www.pbase.com/jamesk8752/image/148811641 > > > > Thanks for taking the time yo look into this. As I said in my initial post, it would be nice if I could toggle into and out of this mode, as sometimes it is useful. > > > > Regards, Jim > > >