Newest version, Folder previews are gone

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
pukkanana

Newest version, Folder previews are gone

Post by pukkanana »

When I installed build 1152, the folder "preview" icons are just plain folders, instead of seeing little previews of the files inside the folder. I went back to build 1141 and the previews are back. Are you removing the previews or is there something going wrong? *I vote to keep the previews...I like them.
thorstenlemke

Re: Newest version, Folder previews are gone

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I disabled the feature now by default because it is really slow with network volumes/NAS. I got many claims.Just enable in the prefs part browser.Thorsten On 28.02.2013, at 07:29, "pukkanana" <pukkanana@yahoo.com> wrote:   When I installed build 1152, the folder "preview" icons are just plain folders, instead of seeing little previews of the files inside the folder. I went back to build 1141 and the previews are back. Are you removing the previews or is there something going wrong? *I vote to keep the previews...I like them.
pukkanana

Post by pukkanana »

Hi Thorsten, Where exactly is that option? I'm not finding it... Pref, Browser.... --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I disabled the feature now by default because it is really slow with network volumes/NAS. I got many claims. > > Just enable in the prefs part browser. > > Thorsten > > > On 28.02.2013, at 07:29, "pukkanana" <pukkanana@...> wrote: > > > When I installed build 1152, the folder "preview" icons are just plain folders, instead of seeing little previews of the files inside the folder. > > > > I went back to build 1141 and the previews are back. > > > > Are you removing the previews or is there something going wrong? > > > > *I vote to keep the previews...I like them. > > > > _ >
pukkanana

Post by pukkanana »

this is newest versionthis is the previous version  build1141.  I prefer the previews, but I can't find that in the preferences.  And, I copy back my preference files to Library, Preference folder, but it still doesn't fix it. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "pukkanana" <pukkanana@...> wrote:>> Hi Thorsten,> Where exactly is that option? I'm not finding it...> Pref, Browser....> > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke lemke@ wrote:> >> > Hello,> > > > I disabled the feature now by default because it is really slow with network volumes/NAS. I got many claims.> > > > Just enable in the prefs part browser.> > > > Thorsten> > > > > > On 28.02.2013, at 07:29, "pukkanana" pukkanana@ wrote:> > > > > When I installed build 1152, the folder "preview" icons are just plain folders, instead of seeing little previews of the files inside the folder.> > > > > > I went back to build 1141 and the previews are back.> > > > > > Are you removing the previews or is there something going wrong?> > > > > > *I vote to keep the previews...I like them.> > > > > > _> >>
pukkanana

Post by pukkanana »

Thorsten, I can't figure out how to attach a screenshot to these posts, so I'm going to email a png file (screenshot) with the two GC folder views. Thanks! --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I disabled the feature now by default because it is really slow with network volumes/NAS. I got many claims. > > Just enable in the prefs part browser. > > Thorsten > > > On 28.02.2013, at 07:29, "pukkanana" <pukkanana@...> wrote: > > > When I installed build 1152, the folder "preview" icons are just plain folders, instead of seeing little previews of the files inside the folder. > > > > I went back to build 1141 and the previews are back. > > > > Are you removing the previews or is there something going wrong? > > > > *I vote to keep the previews...I like them. > > > > _ >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,I attached a screenshot.Thorsten On 28.02.2013, at 23:19, "pukkanana" <pukkanana@yahoo.com> wrote:   Thorsten, I can't figure out how to attach a screenshot to these posts, so I'm going to email a png file (screenshot) with the two GC folder views. Thanks! --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > Hello, > > I disabled the feature now by default because it is really slow with network volumes/NAS. I got many claims. > > Just enable in the prefs part browser. > > Thorsten > > > On 28.02.2013, at 07:29, "pukkanana" wrote: > > > When I installed build 1152, the folder "preview" icons are just plain folders, instead of seeing little previews of the files inside the folder. > > > > I went back to build 1141 and the previews are back. > > > > Are you removing the previews or is there something going wrong? > > > > *I vote to keep the previews...I like them. > > > > _ >