[ANN] GraphicConverter 8.5.3 (Build 1153)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

[ANN] GraphicConverter 8.5.3 (Build 1153)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released a new beta. Please check: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html It does fix the reported services issue. Also, it supports now cursor movement of the slider controls in many dialogs. Regards Thorsten Lemke
jamesk8752

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 8.5.3 (Build 1153)

Post by jamesk8752 »

Hi Thorsten, This new beta resolves the issue with non-availability of CG in the Services menu which I reported several days ago - it works fine now. Thanks! Regards, Jim --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "lemkesoft" <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > It does fix the reported services issue. > > Also, it supports now cursor movement of the slider controls in many dialogs. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke >
Albert Steg

Double-Clicking for 2nd Browser?

Post by Albert Steg »

Hi -- I just updated from version 6 and the newer version looks great except there's one simple thing I can't quite figure out. In my workflow I often have a browser window open to view a folder of images.  Then I do a batch convert into a sub-folder.  Then I double-click that new subfolder that showing in the browser, which has always opened up that folder of images by popping open a 2nd browser window displaying those sub-fodler images.   In the current version, when I double-click, the current browser simply delves into that folder and displays the images -- but I need to see both browser window open at the same time.I'd think holding the CMD key or some combination would get me the second browser, but it doesn't work -- and I can't find anythign in the preferences.Is there a way to achieve this now?  I sure hope so -- it's a hassle having to do a whole new Browse command everytime I want t open a second window . . .thanks for any help!albert stegcambridge, ma
Albert Steg

8.5.1 in Mac OS buggy?

Post by Albert Steg »

Oh dear -- turns out my issues with the new version run a lot deeper.   I tried out a Batch command and it worked the first time, but I was puzzled why, although the only two steps in my batch were (1) Smart Trim and (2) Scale to 80%, the resulting files, converted to a subfolder, were actually about 20% larger in filesize, rather than smaller -- and also the color of the before-and after-files were a slightly different color hue (a slightly greenish hue in the converted versions).So, I tried creating the Batch command 'from scratch' instead of using the saved batches I set up in my earlier version. - - - and now my Batch commands don't seem to work at all!  The menu at the top of window looks like:MyBatchName : Subfolder : jpg. . . but when I select all the images in the Browser screen and execute the Convert by clickign the button, there's a pause, all the thumbnails briefly blink as though being processed -- but the files are not changes and there is no sub-folder created.I'm thinking I'll probably just go back to version 6, which seems a shame -- but have any other mac users run into any glitches when trying to upgrade?I'm running OSX 10.8.2 on an imac.Albert
thorstenlemke

Re: 8.5.1 in Mac OS buggy?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Albert,did you check www ready to avoid adding a custom preview?What is the JPEG quality?Thorsten On 03.03.2013, at 23:43, Albert Steg <asteg@mindspring.com> wrote:   Oh dear -- turns out my issues with the new version run a lot deeper.   I tried out a Batch command and it worked the first time, but I was puzzled why, although the only two steps in my batch were (1) Smart Trim and (2) Scale to 80%, the resulting files, converted to a subfolder, were actually about 20% larger in filesize, rather than smaller -- and also the color of the before-and after-files were a slightly different color hue (a slightly greenish hue in the converted versions).So, I tried creating the Batch command 'from scratch' instead of using the saved batches I set up in my earlier version. - - - and now my Batch commands don't seem to work at all!  The menu at the top of window looks like:MyBatchName : Subfolder : jpg. . . but when I select all the images in the Browser screen and execute the Convert by clickign the button, there's a pause, all the thumbnails briefly blink as though being processed -- but the files are not changes and there is no sub-folder created.I'm thinking I'll probably just go back to version 6, which seems a shame -- but have any other mac users run into any glitches when trying to upgrade?I'm running OSX 10.8.2 on an imac.Albert
thorstenlemke

Re: Double-Clicking for 2nd Browser?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,you can select the behaviour in the prefs.Thorsten On 03.03.2013, at 22:44, Albert Steg <asteg@mindspring.com> wrote:   Hi -- I just updated from version 6 and the newer version looks great except there's one simple thing I can't quite figure out. In my workflow I often have a browser window open to view a folder of images.  Then I do a batch convert into a sub-folder.  Then I double-click that new subfolder that showing in the browser, which has always opened up that folder of images by popping open a 2nd browser window displaying those sub-fodler images.   In the current version, when I double-click, the current browser simply delves into that folder and displays the images -- but I need to see both browser window open at the same time.I'd think holding the CMD key or some combination would get me the second browser, but it doesn't work -- and I can't find anythign in the preferences.Is there a way to achieve this now?  I sure hope so -- it's a hassle having to do a whole new Browse command everytime I want t open a second window . . .thanks for any help!albert stegcambridge, ma
albert_steg

Post by albert_steg »

Hi -- thanks for the suggestion -- I do have that box checked, but I think the issue was that somehow I had the slider for jpeg quality all the way up at high, and the converted files were ending up less compressed than the originals? Does that make sense? Regarding the options for embedding metadata, I'm not familiar with all those options -- would you say any of them are important to include for non-deliberate purposes? I'm using these images mostly just for display on web-pages, occasionally for printing -- I don't generally need the file to carry along any information for reference, aside from modification date and title -- cna I safely uncheck these boxes and save a little in file size? ALbert --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Albert, > > did you check www ready to avoid adding a custom preview? > > What is the JPEG quality? > > Thorsten > > > On 03.03.2013, at 23:43, Albert Steg <asteg@...> wrote: > > > Oh dear -- turns out my issues with the new version run a lot deeper. I tried out a Batch command and it worked the first time, but I was puzzled why, although the only two steps in my batch were (1) Smart Trim and (2) Scale to 80%, the resulting files, converted to a subfolder, were actually about 20% larger in filesize, rather than smaller -- and also the color of the before-and after-files were a slightly different color hue (a slightly greenish hue in the converted versions). > > > > > > So, I tried creating the Batch command 'from scratch' instead of using the saved batches I set up in my earlier version. - - - and now my Batch commands don't seem to work at all! The menu at the top of window looks like: > > > > MyBatchName : Subfolder : jpg > > > > . . . but when I select all the images in the Browser screen and execute the Convert by clickign the button, there's a pause, all the thumbnails briefly blink as though being processed -- but the files are not changes and there is no sub-folder created. > > > > I'm thinking I'll probably just go back to version 6, which seems a shame -- but have any other mac users run into any glitches when trying to upgrade? > > > > I'm running OSX 10.8.2 on an imac. > > > > Albert >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Albert,the file size does depend on the quality and the embedded metadata.Thorsten On 27.03.2013, at 12:26, "albert_steg" <asteg@mindspring.com> wrote:   Hi -- thanks for the suggestion -- I do have that box checked, but I think the issue was that somehow I had the slider for jpeg quality all the way up at high, and the converted files were ending up less compressed than the originals? Does that make sense? Regarding the options for embedding metadata, I'm not familiar with all those options -- would you say any of them are important to include for non-deliberate purposes? I'm using these images mostly just for display on web-pages, occasionally for printing -- I don't generally need the file to carry along any information for reference, aside from modification date and title -- cna I safely uncheck these boxes and save a little in file size? ALbert --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Albert, > > did you check www ready to avoid adding a custom preview? > > What is the JPEG quality? > > Thorsten >