RAW Conversion in GC

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Jim King

RAW Conversion in GC

Post by Jim King »

Thorsten,Can you tell me which RAW conversion engine you use in GC? Or perhaps you have written your own software to do this. (Sorry if this has been discussed before.)Thanks!Regards, Jim *****"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." - John Ruskin (1819-1900)
thorstenlemke

Re: RAW Conversion in GC

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Jim,I use by default Core Image I/O. I use dcraw (licensed from Dave Coffin) if Core Image does fail.Thorsten On 04.03.2013, at 04:04, Jim King <jamesk8752@comcast.net> wrote:   Thorsten,Can you tell me which RAW conversion engine you use in GC? Or perhaps you have written your own software to do this. (Sorry if this has been discussed before.)Thanks!Regards, Jim *****"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." - John Ruskin (1819-1900)
jamesk8752

Re: RAW Conversion in GC

Post by jamesk8752 »

Ahh! I was surprised that GC was able to handle a Fuji Xtrans (RAF) file if you used Core Image, as Apple does not seem to deal with this format, but the fallback to dcraw explains it. Regards, Jim --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Jim, > > I use by default Core Image I/O. I use dcraw (licensed from Dave Coffin) if Core Image does fail. > > Thorsten > > On 04.03.2013, at 04:04, Jim King <jamesk8752@...> wrote: > > > Thorsten, > > > > > > Can you tell me which RAW conversion engine you use in GC? Or perhaps you have written your own software to do this. (Sorry if this has been discussed before.) > > > > Thanks! > > > > Regards, Jim > > > > ***** > > "There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." - John Ruskin (1819-1900) > > > > > > >