How to export frames from an animated GIF, and a couple of GIF anima

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Rick Montgomery

How to export frames from an animated GIF, and a couple of GIF anima

Post by Rick Montgomery »

Hi, is there a way to separate a GIF animation into the frames that make it up? I have an animated GIF that I want to run forwards and backwards. My plan was to save the individual frames, duplicate and renumber them, and reassemble them into a new file. Not only is this tedious with a 120-frame GIF, I can't figure out how to do it. I tried advancing the GIF one frame at a time, and then doing d Select All > Save As... (save selection only) - but every saved image is of the first frame! Also, selecting frames in the GIF animation pallette doesn't appear to work properly. When I click on image 10, I get image 13. The farther into the animation I go, the greater the difference between the frame I click and the frame it selects. It looks like the calculation of which frame I'm clicking in must be based on a too-small horizontal dimension. Finally, the frame numbers in the GIF animation pallette are nearly impossible to read if the frames have a dark background in the top left corner. May I suggest displaying the numbers either above the frames or in an opaque box inset in the frame? Thanks, Rick Montgomery
RickM

Re: How to export frames from an animated GIF, and a couple of GIF a

Post by RickM »

P. S. Im using the latest AppStore version of GC although I am also licensed (twice, I think) for the one from the LemkeSoft web site. Rick --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Rick Montgomery <rickm@...> wrote: > > Hi, is there a way to separate a GIF animation into the frames that make it up? I have an animated GIF that I want to run forwards and backwards. My plan was to save the individual frames, duplicate and renumber them, and reassemble them into a new file. Not only is this tedious with a 120-frame GIF, I can't figure out how to do it. I tried advancing the GIF one frame at a time, and then doing d Select All > Save As... (save selection only) - but every saved image is of the first frame! > > Also, selecting frames in the GIF animation pallette doesn't appear to work properly. When I click on image 10, I get image 13. The farther into the animation I go, the greater the difference between the frame I click and the frame it selects. It looks like the calculation of which frame I'm clicking in must be based on a too-small horizontal dimension. > > Finally, the frame numbers in the GIF animation pallette are nearly impossible to read if the frames have a dark background in the top left corner. May I suggest displaying the numbers either above the frames or in an opaque box inset in the frame? > > Thanks, > Rick Montgomery >
thorstenlemke

Re: How to export frames from an animated GIF, and a couple of GIF a

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Rick,just use the batch conversion to convert to a single frame format like png. That should extract all frames.Thorsten On 05.03.2013, at 21:37, Rick Montgomery <rickm@mac.com> wrote:   Hi, is there a way to separate a GIF animation into the frames that make it up? I have an animated GIF that I want to run forwards and backwards. My plan was to save the individual frames, duplicate and renumber them, and reassemble them into a new file. Not only is this tedious with a 120-frame GIF, I can't figure out how to do it. I tried advancing the GIF one frame at a time, and then doing d Select All > Save As... (save selection only) - but every saved image is of the first frame! Also, selecting frames in the GIF animation pallette doesn't appear to work properly. When I click on image 10, I get image 13. The farther into the animation I go, the greater the difference between the frame I click and the frame it selects. It looks like the calculation of which frame I'm clicking in must be based on a too-small horizontal dimension. Finally, the frame numbers in the GIF animation pallette are nearly impossible to read if the frames have a dark background in the top left corner. May I suggest displaying the numbers either above the frames or in an opaque box inset in the frame? Thanks, Rick Montgomery Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)