Printing Problems

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Brian Christmas

Printing Problems

Post by Brian Christmas »

G'day Thorsten.I've struck a major problem (for us) with GC 8.5.3.I'm having to use the GUI to print via a particular printer and print settings, but in this latest version, the drop down print sheet is no longer recognized by System Events.Any chance of fixing it please?RegardsSantaset theLargePagePrinter to "Quark Printer"tell application "GraphicConverter" to activatetell application "System Events" to tell process "GraphicConverter" keystroke "p" using command down repeat until exists sheet 1 of window 1 # Sheet 1 of Window 1 no longer recognized tell current application to delay 0.1 end repeat tell sheet 1 of window 1 # Sheet 1 of Window 1 no longer recognized say 1 tell current application to delay 0.1 click pop up button 4 say 2 repeat until exists menu 1 of pop up button 4 say 3 tell current application to delay 0.1 end repeat try say 4 click menu item theLargePagePrinter of menu 1 of pop up button 4 on error say ("you have not created a preset for printer " & theLargePagePrinter & " in graphic converter") click menu item 1 of menu 1 of pop up button 4 end try click pop up button 5 repeat until exists menu 1 of pop up button 5 tell current application to delay 0.1 end repeat try click menu item theLargePagePrinter of menu 1 of pop up button 5 on error say ("you have not created a printer " & theLargePagePrinter & " in graphic converter") click menu item 1 of menu 1 of pop up button 5 end try click radio button 1 of radio group 1 click pop up button 1 repeat until exists menu 1 of pop up button 1 tell current application to delay 0.1 end repeat click menu item "Overlap" of menu 1 of pop up button 1 click pop up button 2 repeat until exists menu 1 of pop up button 2 tell current application to delay 0.1 end repeat click menu item "Absolute Center" of menu 1 of pop up button 2 end tell keystroke returnend telltry #close window 1 without savingend try
Brian Christmas

Printing Problems

I should have said I'm running 10.8.2 on an new 27" i7 iMac, with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB  graphics card.I've also backdated to GC 8.3.1, and still having the same thing happen.RegardsSanta
Brian Christmas

Printing Problems

G'day again Thorsten.Problem solved.  Turns out every sub-window that is opened takes priority over the actual image window, so I had to close each one so the image window became the window 1.RegardsSantaset theLargePagePrinter to "Quark Printer"tell application "GraphicConverter" to activatetell application "System Events" to tell process "GraphicConverter" repeat if name of window 1 is in {"Information", "Tools", "Position", "Navigator", "Detail", "Gif Animation", "Colors", "Photo Service Activity", "Photo Service Accounts Manager"} then if name of window 1 = "Tools" then click menu item 9 of menu 1 of menu bar item 9 of menu bar 1 else click button 1 of window 1 end if else exit repeat end if end repeat keystroke "p" using command down tell window 1 tell sheet 1 # Sheet 1 of Window 1 no longer recognized delay 0.1 click pop up button 4 repeat until exists menu 1 of pop up button 4 delay 0.1 end repeat try click menu item theLargePagePrinter of menu 1 of pop up button 4 on error say ("you have not created a preset for printer " & theLargePagePrinter & " in graphic converter") click menu item 1 of menu 1 of pop up button 4 end try click pop up button 5 repeat until exists menu 1 of pop up button 5 tell current application to delay 0.1 end repeat try click menu item theLargePagePrinter of menu 1 of pop up button 5 on error say ("you have not created a printer " & theLargePagePrinter & " in graphic converter") click menu item 1 of menu 1 of pop up button 5 end try click radio button 1 of radio group 1 click pop up button 1 repeat until exists menu 1 of pop up button 1 tell current application to delay 0.1 end repeat click menu item "Overlap" of menu 1 of pop up button 1 click pop up button 2 repeat until exists menu 1 of pop up button 2 tell current application to delay 0.1 end repeat click menu item "Absolute Center" of menu 1 of pop up button 2 end tell keystroke return end tellend telltry #close window 1 without savingend try