Combining pics from iphoto

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
MartinA

Combining pics from iphoto

Post by MartinA »

Using GC 8.5.3 and mac OS 10.8.3 I am a very old newbie and what I want to do is take a picture from iphoto and place it under another picture from iphoto and repeat. First I can not open the file in iphoto using the Browser. It's grayed. Do I have to copy them to somewhere else? Second how do I accomplish what I want?
thorstenlemke

Re: Combining pics from iphoto

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version?You can normally access the images with the browser. But you can not add new images to iPhoto with the browser. You have to save it to the desktop (for example) and import into iPhoto.Thorsten On 11.04.2013, at 21:10, "MartinA" <macalp@verizon.net> wrote:   Using GC 8.5.3 and mac OS 10.8.3 I am a very old newbie and what I want to do is take a picture from iphoto and place it under another picture from iphoto and repeat. First I can not open the file in iphoto using the Browser. It's grayed. Do I have to copy them to somewhere else? Second how do I accomplish what I want?
Martin & Carol

Post by Martin & Carol »

I believe that i have the normal version since I didn't go to the Mac App store. My problem is that i can not locate the pictures I want through the browser. I can not get them in the Finder. I can get them by searching in a Find program and then double clicking on the results. I think that I nee to find a different place to store my Pics. MartinA On 4/12/13 2:32 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hi, do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version? You can normally access the images with the browser. But you can not add new images to iPhoto with the browser. You have to save it to the desktop (for example) and import into iPhoto. Thorsten On 11.04.2013, at 21:10, "MartinA" <macalp@verizon.net> wrote:   Using GC 8.5.3 and mac OS 10.8.3 I am a very old newbie and what I want to do is take a picture from iphoto and place it under another picture from iphoto and repeat. First I can not open the file in iphoto using the Browser. It's grayed. Do I have to copy them to somewhere else? Second how do I accomplish what I want?
Wessel Jan

Post by Wessel Jan »

Let me see if I understand you correctly. You normally use iPhoto to look at you pictures, correct? If this is true, you will not be able to see the pictures in the Finder (well, not easily) , because iPhoto uses it's own way of storing and organising your pictures. In this case, what you need to do, is to copy your desired images from iPhoto to your desktop, from there on you can use GC. Jan On Apr 12, 2013, at 3:12 PM, Martin & Carol <macalp@verizon.net> wrote: > > I believe that i have the normal version since I didn't go to the Mac App store. > > My problem is that i can not locate the pictures I want through the browser. I can not get them in the Finder. I can get them by searching in a Find program and then double clicking on the results. > > I think that I nee to find a different place to store my Pics. > > MartinA > > > On 4/12/13 2:32 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >> >> Hi, >> >> >> do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version? >> >> You can normally access the images with the browser. But you can not add new images to iPhoto with the browser. You have to save it to the desktop (for example) and import into iPhoto. >> >> Thorsten >> >> On 11.04.2013, at 21:10, "MartinA" <macalp@verizon.net> wrote: >> >>> >>> Using GC 8.5.3 and mac OS 10.8.3 >>> >>> I am a very old newbie and what I want to do is take a picture from iphoto and place it under another picture from iphoto and repeat. >>> >>> First I can not open the file in iphoto using the Browser. It's grayed. >>> Do I have to copy them to somewhere else? >>> >>> Second how do I accomplish what I want? >>> >> > > > Jan Wessel Email adres : jhwessel@xs4all.nl