Unexplained response from Save As... Slices (*.HTML)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
cshores607

Unexplained response from Save As... Slices (*.HTML)

Post by cshores607 »

From several images I have used the "slice"feature in GC 8.5.3 (mac OS 10.6.8) to create an HTML file. The resultant placement of the slice I selected to have a link in it occurs in a different (undesired) place in the HTML image. I have no explanation for this result. I have repeated this experiment several times, always with the same result. It is hard to explain, so I have posted 2 of the results here: http://home.comcast.net/~jwms911/Graphi ... index.html, and again here: http://home.comcast.net/~jwms911/Graphi ... index.html. Has anyone else experienced this or have an explanation for what is happening?
we

Re: Unexplained response from Save As... Slices (*.HTML)

Post by we »

The URL is not working... weeligurwayne@yahoo.ca
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,which one.ThorstenOn 12.04.2013, at 20:38, we <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca> wrote: The URL is not working...
cshores607

Post by cshores607 »

--- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, we <eligurwayne@...> wrote: > > The URL is not working... > we > eligurwayne@... > You have to delete the comma from the first link and the period from the second. Sorry I did not realize that the forum software would not recognize and remove the punctuation marks. I'll leave a blank there the next time, apparently the poster can't edit their own post. I'm a newbie here.
Alan Dow

Feature Request - Default Zoom

Post by Alan Dow »

Preferences => General => Display_Content => Default_Zoom I would like to have an option "Use_Last_Setting", which would apply zoom of the currently front-most window when opening the next image, or if no image is currently opened, the last used zoom. I have situation where sequences of photos have been taken using auto-focus and/or auto-exposure which doesn't always work, but the detail doesn't become obvious unless opened at 100% zoom. But there are other sequences of photos in the same series, where the focus/exposure is not a problem, and the photo needs to be assessed looking at the whole picture with appropriate zoom depending on the size of the image. The assessment process would be easier, if the "next" image always opened at the currently set zoom. Thankyou... Alan Dow
Alan Dow

Re: Feature Request - Default Zoom

Post by Alan Dow »

Hmmm. Nobody see the value of this? Or perhaps I am ignorant of an alternative workflow which would solve the problem? ..AD ========================================= At 9:32 PM +1000 13/4/13, Alan Dow wrote: >Preferences => General => Display_Content => Default_Zoom > >I would like to have an option "Use_Last_Setting", which would apply >zoom of the currently front-most window when opening the next image, >or if no image is currently opened, the last used zoom. > >I have situation where sequences of photos have been taken using >auto-focus and/or auto-exposure which doesn't always work, but the >detail doesn't become obvious unless opened at 100% zoom. But there >are other sequences of photos in the same series, where the >focus/exposure is not a problem, and the photo needs to be assessed >looking at the whole picture with appropriate zoom depending on the >size of the image. The assessment process would be easier, if the >"next" image always opened at the currently set zoom. > >Thankyou... > >Alan Dow > > >------------------------------------ > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Alan,I add that to the wish list.Thorsten On 16.04.2013, at 03:48, Alan Dow <magicAl@tpgi.com.au> wrote:   Hmmm. Nobody see the value of this? Or perhaps I am ignorant of an alternative workflow which would solve the problem? ..AD ========================================= At 9:32 PM +1000 13/4/13, Alan Dow wrote: >Preferences => General => Display_Content => Default_Zoom > >I would like to have an option "Use_Last_Setting", which would apply >zoom of the currently front-most window when opening the next image, >or if no image is currently opened, the last used zoom. > >I have situation where sequences of photos have been taken using >auto-focus and/or auto-exposure which doesn't always work, but the >detail doesn't become obvious unless opened at 100% zoom. But there >are other sequences of photos in the same series, where the >focus/exposure is not a problem, and the photo needs to be assessed >looking at the whole picture with appropriate zoom depending on the >size of the image. The assessment process would be easier, if the >"next" image always opened at the currently set zoom. > >Thankyou... > >Alan Dow >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlI added it.Thorsten On 16.04.2013, at 03:48, Alan Dow <magicAl@tpgi.com.au> wrote:   Hmmm. Nobody see the value of this? Or perhaps I am ignorant of an alternative workflow which would solve the problem? ..AD ========================================= At 9:32 PM +1000 13/4/13, Alan Dow wrote: >Preferences => General => Display_Content => Default_Zoom > >I would like to have an option "Use_Last_Setting", which would apply >zoom of the currently front-most window when opening the next image, >or if no image is currently opened, the last used zoom. > >I have situation where sequences of photos have been taken using >auto-focus and/or auto-exposure which doesn't always work, but the >detail doesn't become obvious unless opened at 100% zoom. But there >are other sequences of photos in the same series, where the >focus/exposure is not a problem, and the photo needs to be assessed >looking at the whole picture with appropriate zoom depending on the >size of the image. The assessment process would be easier, if the >"next" image always opened at the currently set zoom. > >Thankyou... > >Alan Dow > > >----------
Alan Dow

Post by Alan Dow »

That was quick! Thankyou, it works very nicely. ----------------------------------------------- At 10:26 AM +0200 17/4/13, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >Hello, > >I released a new beta. >Please check: ><http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html>http ... /beta.html > >I added it. > >Thorsten > >On 16.04.2013, at 03:48, Alan Dow ><<mailto:magicAl@tpgi.com.au>magicAl@tpgi.com.au> wrote: > >> >> >>Hmmm. Nobody see the value of this? >>Or perhaps I am ignorant of an alternative workflow which would solve >>the problem? >>..AD >> >>========================================= >>At 9:32 PM +1000 13/4/13, Alan Dow wrote: >>>Preferences => General => Display_Content => Default_Zoom >>> >>>I would like to have an option "Use_Last_Setting", which would apply >>>zoom of the currently front-most window when opening the next image, >>>or if no image is currently opened, the last used zoom. >>> >>>I have situation where sequences of photos have been taken using >>>auto-focus and/or auto-exposure which doesn't always work, but the >>>detail doesn't become obvious unless opened at 100% zoom. But there >>>are other sequences of photos in the same series, where the >>>focus/exposure is not a problem, and the photo needs to be assessed >>>looking at the whole picture with appropriate zoom depending on the >>>size of the image. The assessment process would be easier, if the >>>"next" image always opened at the currently set zoom. >>> >>>Thankyou... >>> >>>Alan Dow >>> >>> >>>---------- >> >> >> >>