Trouble Importing Photos

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
iamabbqueen

Trouble Importing Photos

Post by iamabbqueen »

Hello, I am using GC 8.5.3 (although I was having the same problem with previous versions) and I am having trouble importing photos. I have my SD card in the computer's slot, but (per the FAQs) I do not have a "Devices" item in the left browser window from which I can select the card. I see the card in the left column but when I select pictures I want to import, there is no import button. On occasion the button is there but most times it is not. How do I import pictures when there is no import button? Thanks.
thorstenlemke

Re: Trouble Importing Photos

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,you can use just drag and drop to copy images from a mounted disk.Thorsten On 20.04.2013, at 04:33, "iamabbqueen" <captenaj@gmail.com> wrote:   Hello, I am using GC 8.5.3 (although I was having the same problem with previous versions) and I am having trouble importing photos. I have my SD card in the computer's slot, but (per the FAQs) I do not have a "Devices" item in the left browser window from which I can select the card. I see the card in the left column but when I select pictures I want to import, there is no import button. On occasion the button is there but most times it is not. How do I import pictures when there is no import button? Thanks.
Marino Pascal

Post by Marino Pascal »

I brought up this issue before. I think it's the single biggest failure of version 8x. Thorsten doesn't think an import button is necessary. And you are right, sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn't. The only way I know to force it to appear is to quit GC and reopen again while the SD card is in the slot. Then an import button will appear on the right bottom corner of the browser window. Marino On 4/19/13 7:33 PM, iamabbqueen wrote: > Hello, > I am using GC 8.5.3 (although I was having the same problem with > previous versions) and I am having trouble importing photos. I have my > SD card in the computer's slot, but (per the FAQs) I do not have a > "Devices" item in the left browser window from which I can select the > card. I see the card in the left column but when I select pictures I > want to import, there is no import button. On occasion the button is > there but most times it is not. How do I import pictures when there is > no import button? Thanks. > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Marino,the appearance does depend on Apple Image Capture. I simple ask the image capture sdk if there is a camera connected. You can open the browse window from the import menu, too.Thorsten On 26.04.2013, at 06:00, Marino Pascal <weblists@locationscout.com> wrote:   I brought up this issue before. I think it's the single biggest failure of version 8x. Thorsten doesn't think an import button is necessary. And you are right, sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn't. The only way I know to force it to appear is to quit GC and reopen again while the SD card is in the slot. Then an import button will appear on the right bottom corner of the browser window. Marino