GC 8.6 (1194) agravation

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

GC 8.6 (1194) agravation

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Two aggravations that have been around for a long time; 1. Use the selection tool and select an area. Do the command, Option + "X" to reverse the Foreground/Background colors. The previous area is still selected but is non-responsive unless it is moved. If the command to reverse the Foreground/Background colors is entered manually "Swap Colors", by clicking it seems to work 2. Use the selection tool and select an area. Do the command "Use Picture as Desktop Image". The previous selected area stays selected. Does other weird things from Applescript. I realize that this is nit picking but I think it should be fixed. TIA, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
David L. Wasley

Re: GC 8.6 (1194) agravation

Post by David L. Wasley »

Since Robert has opened that line of feedback, I have a similar example/frustration.  I often have occasion to splice several images together (sort of like a panorama but not that).  I want to align them accurately to the pixel level.  So...1) I select and copy image 1 to the clipboard.2) I enlarge the "canvas" for image 2 to accommodate where I want to place image 1.3) I paste image 1 near where I want it and use the cursor and/or arrow keys to move it as close as I can to where I want it.  I use a wide zoom so I can see the overall arrangement.4) Then I zoom to 500% so I can see individual pixels.  I still have the marching ants around the pasted image.    Now the frustration: the arrow keys no longer work to move the pasted image.  I simply hear a beep when I press any arrow key.      I must use the cursor to grab and move the pasted image first and then the arrow keys will work again.A minor annoyance but possibly related to Robert's #1 below.Thanks, David GC 8.5.3 (1154) On Apr 20, 2013, at 7:00 AM, Robert Poland wrote:   Thorsten, Two aggravations that have been around for a long time; 1. Use the selection tool and select an area. Do the command, Option + "X" to reverse the Foreground/Background colors. The previous area is still selected but is non-responsive unless it is moved. If the command to reverse the Foreground/Background colors is entered manually "Swap Colors", by clicking it seems to work 2. Use the selection tool and select an area. Do the command "Use Picture as Desktop Image". The previous selected area stays selected. Does other weird things from Applescript. I realize that this is nit picking but I think it should be fixed. TIA, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 8.6 (1194) agravation

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi David,that is on the todo list.Thorsten .