Slideshow bug

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Ian Davies

Slideshow bug

Post by Ian Davies »

If you try to run a slideshow on a folder whose name ends in the tilde (~) character, GC reports an error, saying that no supported files can be found. Remove the '~' from the end and it displays the contents just fine. Having the '~' anywhere else in the folder name doesn't appear to cause a problem, only if it's at the end. Also, the wording of the error message displayed is somewhat awkward English, containing a double-negative. Instead of this: "Selected folder doesn't contain neither images nor movies of supported formats. Please select another folder." I would suggest something like this: "Selected folder doesn't contain any images or movies in supported formats. Please select another folder." I'm running GC 8.5.3 (1154) on OS X 10.7.5 thanks Ian
thorstenlemke

Re: Slideshow bug

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ian,thanks. I changed that for the 8.6.Thorsten On 26.04.2013, at 10:57, Ian Davies <ian@acid-product.co.uk> wrote:   If you try to run a slideshow on a folder whose name ends in the tilde (~) character, GC reports an error, saying that no supported files can be found. Remove the '~' from the end and it displays the contents just fine. Having the '~' anywhere else in the folder name doesn't appear to cause a problem, only if it's at the end. Also, the wording of the error message displayed is somewhat awkward English, containing a double-negative. Instead of this: "Selected folder doesn't contain neither images nor movies of supported formats. Please select another folder." I would suggest something like this: "Selected folder doesn't contain any images or movies in supported formats. Please select another folder." I'm running GC 8.5.3 (1154) on OS X 10.7.5 thanks Ian
dknodel@swbell.net

Re: Slideshow bug

Post by dknodel@swbell.net »

Or 'either'Common english mistakeFrom: Ian Davies <ian@acid-product.co.uk>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:57 AMTo: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: [gcmac] Slideshow bug Instead of this:"Selected folder doesn't contain neither images nor movies of supported formats. Please select another folder."