Browser and QuickLook problem

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Frank Lockwood

Browser and QuickLook problem

Post by Frank Lockwood »

With GC version 8.6 (1200), and for recent versions, when a browser is open with thumbnails displayed, clicking on an image and hitting the space bar will display the image in the Mac OS's QuickLook. I can navigate to the next image using the right arrow key, up with the up key, and down with the down key, but the Left Arrow key, instead of displaying the previous image in the browser, jumps all the way up to the root directory of the internal hard disk - very annoying. Yes, I can actually open the image in a window in GC, but it's more convenient to view images in QuickLook, especially since GC remembers to always display them full screen. Navigating with the arrow keys is convenient as well, except when it doesn't work. Yes, I've deleted the preferences.-- Frank Lockwood - Lockwood ARS Audio Repair and Restoration Services Specializing in Cleaning Location Recordings Toronto, Ontario, Canada http://LockwoodARS.com/discography/restoration/
Alan Fry

Re: Browser and QuickLook problem

Post by Alan Fry »

On 2 May 201315:56, at   15:56, Frank Lockwood wrote:   With GC version 8.6 (1200), and for recent versions, when a browser is open with thumbnails displayed, clicking on an image and hitting the space bar will display the image in the Mac OS's QuickLook. I can navigate to the next image using the right arrow key, up with the up key, and down with the down key, but the Left Arrow key, instead of displaying the previous image in the browser, jumps all the way up to the root directory of the internal hard disk - very annoying.The Left Arrow key behaves as expected on my Mac, indexing backwards through the images in both 'thumbnails' and 'QuickLook'. I have a Mac Pro running on 10.6.8 with GC 8.6 (1200). Does the problem (above) arise just with later versions of the OS I wonder?Alan Fry
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Frank,what happens if you trash the prefs?Thorsten On 02.05.2013, at 16:56, Frank Lockwood <lockwood.frank@gmail.com> wrote:   With GC version 8.6 (1200), and for recent versions, when a browser is open with thumbnails displayed, clicking on an image and hitting the space bar will display the image in the Mac OS's QuickLook. I can navigate to the next image using the right arrow key, up with the up key, and down with the down key, but the Left Arrow key, instead of displaying the previous image in the browser, jumps all the way up to the root directory of the internal hard disk - very annoying. Yes, I can actually open the image in a window in GC, but it's more convenient to view images in QuickLook, especially since GC remembers to always display them full screen. Navigating with the arrow keys is convenient as well, except when it doesn't work. Yes, I've deleted the preferences.--.
Frank Lockwood

Post by Frank Lockwood »

When I deleted the Preferences, the Left Arrow key issue stopped.It was during the time I spent re-establishing my Preferences to their previous values that I discovered that if I enabled the: General > Edit > Enable: Cursor right/left command without command for next/previous image in folderthe issue with the left arrow key in QuickLook came back. Disabling this Preference restores normal navigation with the Arrow keys and QuickLook. -- Frank Lockwood Toronto, Ontario, Canada
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Frank,this setting is for a special usage. It does disable other shortcuts.Thorsten On 03.05.2013, at 13:46, Frank Lockwood <lockwood.frank@gmail.com> wrote:   When I deleted the Preferences, the Left Arrow key issue stopped.It was during the time I spent re-establishing my Preferences to their previous values that I discovered that if I enabled the: General > Edit > Enable: Cursor right/left command without command for next/previous image in folderthe issue with the left arrow key in QuickLook came back. Disabling this Preference restores normal navigation with the Arrow keys and QuickLook. -- Frank Lockwood Toronto, Ontario, Canada