Trim picture after Rotate

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Alan Dow

Re: for Wish List? - Backup and Restore Prefs

Post by Alan Dow »

I was thinking there could be some benefits: (1) Diagnostics: If preference settings are the problem, it could be interesting to compare the previous (before problem happens) prefs with the (current) ones which are causing a problem. Being able to restore the previous prefs means you have greater consistency if you are trying to reproduce a problem. (2) Convenience: Of course it is possible to save a copy of your working prefs before you make any changes, but it would be nice to have auto-saved prefs available (for those rare occasions when you forget to backup). ..AD ------------------------------------------- At 02:48 -0500 2013-05-10, Aaron Eton wrote: >I would like this feature - sometimes deleting >prefs doesn't work - i use reveal prefs in >finder and move them to desktop; the prefs >folder remains selected so i can move them back >to replace the newly created prefs file; backup >and restore would save several steps when prefs >aren't the problem. > >Sometimes is a toxic file, harder to find using slide-showŠ > >David > >------------------------------------ > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
watcombeman

Post by watcombeman »

I agree. It's perfectly easy, now, to locate the preferences file from within GC; once you have opened the containing folder, it's no trouble to archive the existing file before you delete it. Note that the "Show GraphicConverter Preferences with Finder" menu item does just that - it's then up to you to delete it or whatever. If you can't be bothered to create a backup, make a copy or move it somewhere else, take the consequences. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Roberto Manuel Latorre <ronin55calo@...> wrote: > > Too much. I vote no. I personally change preferences with some regularity, so I keep an informal list. But, if when I need all kinds of bells & whistles, I use Photoshop & Lightroom & other cumbersome behemoths. > Snip... > > There can always be a new features which people might like added. > Of course, if every feature is added, we end up with a huge program > with just too many bells and whistles. > > So I'm a little hesitant to ask this as desired feature: > > So what do people think - could this be a worthwhile extra whistle? >
Alan Dow

Post by Alan Dow »

I can't find that menu item. Is it available in Snow Leopard? ========================= At 16:03 +0000 2013-05-11, watcombeman wrote: >I agree. It's perfectly easy, now, to locate the preferences file >from within GC; once you have opened the containing folder, it's no >trouble to archive the existing file before you delete it. > >Note that the "Show GraphicConverter Preferences with Finder" menu >item does just that - it's then up to you to delete it or whatever. > >If you can't be bothered to create a backup, make a copy or move it >somewhere else, take the consequences. > >--- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Roberto Manuel Latorre <ronin55calo@...> wrote: > > > > Too much. I vote no. I personally change preferences with some >regularity, so I keep an informal list. But, if when I need all >kinds of bells & whistles, I use Photoshop & Lightroom & other >cumbersome behemoths. >> >Snip... >> >> There can always be a new features which people might like added. >> Of course, if every feature is added, we end up with a huge program >> with just too many bells and whistles. >> >> So I'm a little hesitant to ask this as desired feature: >> >> So what do people think - could this be a worthwhile extra whistle? >> > > > > >------------------------------------ > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

On May 11, 2013, at 11:39, Alan Dow <magicAl@tpgi.com.au> wrote: > I can't find that menu item. Is it available in Snow Leopard? ______________________________________________________________________ It's hiding in the the Help menu. -- Best Regards, Chris
Ermanno Polli

Post by Ermanno Polli »

On 11/05/13 16:50, Roberto Manuel Latorre wrote: > Too much. I vote no. I personally change preferences with some > regularity, so I keep an informal list. But, if when I need all kinds of > bells & whistles, I use Photoshop & Lightroom & other cumbersome behemoths. > > Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else. > Well.. I seldom change preferences, so having the prefs automatically saved when they changed could be useful. 1 even. ;-) The problem is: when the prefs file is changed? I mean, if the file gives problems could be because the file gets damaged. When the file becomes damaged, will the program know? How about it, Thorsten? Ciao, Ermanno > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > *From:* Alan Dow <magicAl@tpgi.com.au> > *To:* gcmac@yahoogroups.com > *Sent:* Friday, May 10, 2013 2:20 AM > *Subject:* [gcmac] for Wish List? - Backup and Restore Prefs > > > Whenever prefs are changed, previous settings saved to a backup... > and of course, we would need a "Restore Previous Prefs" command. > > I'm thinking this could save the hassle of having to manually restore > all GC settings, when there is suspected corruption of Preference > File. > > There can always be a new features which people might like added. > Of course, if every feature is added, we end up with a huge program > with just too many bells and whistles. > > So I'm a little hesitant to ask this as desired feature: > > So what do people think - could this be a worthwhile extra whistle? > > ..AD > > >
LABear

'compare' verb help

Post by LABear »

Hi--I wish to make an AppleScript that uses the 'compare' verb in the dictionary for GraphicConverter V8.7.1: compare v : compare two images and creates a resulting image with scaled intensity difference values (the result is then the frontmost window)comparewith specifier : second imageby real : scale for intensity difference→ boolean : returns true if the content is equalThis works::tell application "Finder" to ¬ set theFiles to every file ¬ of folder (POSIX file "/Users/gil/Desktop/Picture Comparison/" as text)set aFile to item 2 of theFilesset bFile to item 3 of theFilestell application "GraphicConverter (1154)" open file (aFile as text) open file (bFile as text) set theyCompare to compare window 1 with window 2 by 0end telllog theyCompareMy question:  what is the scale for the "by" parameter?  Is it, perhaps, zero (exactly the same) to one (only nearly the same)?--Gil
thorstenlemke

Re: 'compare' verb help

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,the intensity of 1 is the default.A larger value makes the difference better viewable.Thorsten On 09.08.2013, at 01:29, LABear <Enkidu@Covad.net> wrote:   Hi--I wish to make an AppleScript that uses the 'compare' verb in the dictionary for GraphicConverter V8.7.1:compare v : compare two images and creates a resulting image with scaled intensity difference values (the result is then the frontmost window)comparewith specifier : second imageby real : scale for intensity difference→ boolean : returns true if the content is equalThis works::tell application "Finder" to ¬ set theFiles to every file ¬ of folder (POSIX file "/Users/gil/Desktop/Picture Comparison/" as text)set aFile to item 2 of theFilesset bFile to item 3 of theFilestell application "GraphicConverter (1154)" open file (aFile as text) open file (bFile as text) set theyCompare to compare window 1 with window 2 by 0end telllog theyCompareMy question:  what is