GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
bossanovamusic@ymail.com

GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi

Post by bossanovamusic@ymail.com »

Hello! When I open a JPEG that has a resolution of 300 ppi and save it again as JPEG with Quality set to 70, for example, just to make the file smaller (i.e. have less KB), GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi! I want to keep the original resolution of the files when resaving them. I tried everything, but GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi, also in batch processes. Did I miss something? Thanks!
thorstenlemke

Re: GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,do you maybe save the JPEG with out JFIF header and/or EXIF? The resolution is stored in the metadata.Thorsten On 02.06.2013, at 21:33, "bossanovamusic@ymail.com" <bossanovamusic@ymail.com> wrote:   Hello! When I open a JPEG that has a resolution of 300 ppi and save it again as JPEG with Quality set to 70, for example, just to make the file smaller (i.e. have less KB), GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi! I want to keep the original resolution of the files when resaving them. I tried everything, but GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi, also in batch processes. Did I miss something? Thanks!
bossanovamusic@ymail.com

Post by bossanovamusic@ymail.com »

Thank you very much, Thorsten! Now I saved it with the JFIF checked and the resolution remained the original one. Problem solved. But just out of curiosity: if the resolution is stored in the EXIF, does it mean when I save a JPEG with JFIF uncheked and GC changes the resolution to 72 ppi, was the resolution then REALLY changed? Thanks again. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > do you maybe save the JPEG with out JFIF header and/or EXIF? The resolution is stored in the metadata. > > Thorsten > > > On 02.06.2013, at 21:33, "bossanovamusic@..." <bossanovamusic@...> wrote: > > > Hello! > > > > When I open a JPEG that has a resolution of 300 ppi and save it again as JPEG with Quality set to 70, for example, just to make the file smaller (i.e. have less KB), GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi! > > > > I want to keep the original resolution of the files when resaving them. > > > > I tried everything, but GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi, also in batch processes. > > > > Did I miss something? > > > > Thanks! > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,the resolution is only a virtual value. Important is the pixel size of the image.Thorsten On 02.06.2013, at 21:54, "bossanovamusic@ymail.com" <bossanovamusic@ymail.com> wrote:   Thank you very much, Thorsten! Now I saved it with the JFIF checked and the resolution remained the original one. Problem solved. But just out of curiosity: if the resolution is stored in the EXIF, does it mean when I save a JPEG with JFIF uncheked and GC changes the resolution to 72 ppi, was the resolution then REALLY changed? Thanks again.
James Roberts

Post by James Roberts »

Not a proper QR Format Thank you very much, Thorsten! Now I saved it with the JFIF checked and the resolution remained the original one. Problem solved. But just out of curiosity: if the resolution is stored in the EXIF, does it mean when I save a JPEG with JFIF uncheked and GC changes the resolution to 72 ppi, was the resolution then REALLY changed? Thanks again. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > do you maybe save the JPEG with out JFIF header and/or EXIF? The resolution is stored in the metadata. > > Thorsten > > > On 02.06.2013, at 21:33, "bossanovamusic@..." <bossanovamusic@...> wrote: > > > Hello! > > > > When I open a JPEG that has a resolution of 300 ppi and save it again as JPEG with Quality set to 70, for example, just to make the file smaller (i.e. have less KB), GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi! > > > > I want to keep the original resolution of the files when resaving them. > > > > I tried everything, but GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi, also in batch processes. > > > > Did I miss something? > > > > Thanks! > > > > >
Otto Kruntz

Printing borderless

Post by Otto Kruntz »

Hello,How do I print borderless? Seems impossible, I tried everything! And on i-Photo it works just fine... But I would really like to be able to print from GC without ugly white borders!Printer HP officejet 4500iMac 2.7 ghz OSX 10.8.3Why does it work only on iPhoto? I went on print layout details A4 borderless absolute centered scale to fit etc etc, but to no avail. And on iPhoto just flawlesslyCheers Robertio From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, June 2, 2013 9:40 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi   Hi,do you maybe save the JPEG with out JFIF header and/or EXIF? The resolution is stored in the metadata.Thorsten On 02.06.2013, at 21:33, "bossanovamusic@ymail.com" <bossanovamusic@ymail.com> wrote:   Hello! When I open a JPEG that has a resolution of 300 ppi and save it again as JPEG with Quality set to 70, for example, just to make the file smaller (i.e. have less KB), GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi! I want to keep the original resolution of the files when resaving them. I tried everything, but GC always changes the resolution to 72 ppi, also in batch processes. Did I miss something? Thanks!
thorstenlemke

Re: Printing borderless

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,prefs part print and set the margins to 0.Thorsten On 03.06.2013, at 22:23, Otto Kruntz <otto.kruntz@yahoo.com> wrote:   Hello,How do I print borderless? Seems impossible, I tried everything!
Otto Kruntz

Post by Otto Kruntz »

Hey thank-you! (I also had to uncheck print header)PS I bought a new Mac, must I pay again the licence to run GC on the new machine?Cheers Roberto From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, June 3, 2013 10:28 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] Printing borderless   Hi,prefs part print and set the margins to 0.Thorsten On 03.06.2013, at 22:23, Otto Kruntz <otto.kruntz@yahoo.com> wrote:   Hello,How do I print borderless? Seems impossible, I tried everything!
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,just reenter the license key.Thorsten On 03.06.2013, at 23:21, Otto Kruntz <otto.kruntz@yahoo.com> wrote: PS I bought a new Mac, must I pay again the licence to run GC on the new machine?