How to "batch convert" many jpegs to higher pixel count

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
bfranklinrules

How to "batch convert" many jpegs to higher pixel count

Post by bfranklinrules »

I have two reasons I like to convert "batches" of jpegs to higher pixel count (ex. - from 72 ppi to 216 ppi). Haven't done that in a while - lost track of the procedure. Anyone care to "remind me" how it's done? Currently using GC 7.6.3, Power Mac OS 10.6.8. Thanks in advance.
thorstenlemke

Re: How to "batch convert" many jpegs to higher pixel count

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,do you want to scale up or just change the resolution tag?Thorsten On 09.06.2013, at 06:42, "bfranklinrules" <macnoel1@comcast.net> wrote:   I have two reasons I like to convert "batches" of jpegs to higher pixel count (ex. - from 72 ppi to 216 ppi). Haven't done that in a while - lost track of the procedure. Anyone care to "remind me" how it's done? Currently using GC 7.6.3, Power Mac OS 10.6.8. Thanks in advance.
bfranklinrules

Post by bfranklinrules »

GC 7.6.3 has a menu: "Picture" within that menu is the "Size" menu, within that you get a control panel which offers the options to increase / decrease both physical size and pixel count. Using that control panel, I can already change ppi count from 72 to 216. But that's doing one jpeg at a time. I know I can simply select one jpeg after another and use key-command, "Option" + "Command" + "Y" repetitively. Mostly, I want to do a batch conversion of a number of jpegs which have 72 ppi to convert them all to 216 ppi. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > do you want to scale up or just change the resolution tag? > > Thorsten > > > On 09.06.2013, at 06:42, "bfranklinrules" <macnoel1@...> wrote: > > > I have two reasons I like to convert "batches" of jpegs to higher pixel count (ex. - from 72 ppi to 216 ppi). > > > > Haven't done that in a while - lost track of the procedure. Anyone care to "remind me" how it's done? > > > > Currently using GC 7.6.3, Power Mac OS 10.6.8. > > > > Thanks in advance. > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,ah - so, simple use convert & modify with the batch: change resolution.Just check the watermarking tutorial video. It show the basic steps to create a batch.http://www.youtube.com/user/lemkesoft?f ... ngThorsten On 10.06.2013, at 04:19, "bfranklinrules" <macnoel1@comcast.net> wrote:   GC 7.6.3 has a menu: "Picture" within that menu is the "Size" menu, within that you get a control panel which offers the options to increase / decrease both physical size and pixel count. Using that control panel, I can already change ppi count from 72 to 216. But that's doing one jpeg at a time. I know I can simply select one jpeg after another and use key-command, "Option" + "Command" + "Y" repetitively. Mostly, I want to do a batch conversion of a number of jpegs which have 72 ppi to convert them all to 216 ppi.