Delete Resource Fork

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Karsten Wolf

Delete Resource Fork

Post by Karsten Wolf »

Hi, this is about GC6 & 8 and the ability to delete resource forks. Until recently my main machine was a 10.4 with GC 6.7.7. All was pretty well. Switching to OSX 10.6 the context menu item "Delete Resource Forks" vanished and the only item close to it is "Remove Metadata..." which does not work as good as the old one. - To make it work at least one of the options has to be selected. It does not work as stated in the dialog box that it ALWAYS deletes the resource fork. - If it worked (not always), the modification date is changed - On GC8 (last tried a few month back) it performs only on files, not recursively on folders One of the main features of GC is (at least to me) it's ability to work without changing the modification date. I have resolved this problem by writing a python script that does this job. This is a minor annoyance on an otherwise outstanding product but I'd like to know why this immensely useful function degraded. -karsten
thorstenlemke

Re: Delete Resource Fork

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Karsten,just use remove resource fork from convert&modify.Thorsten On 20.06.2013, at 13:50, Karsten Wolf <karstenwo@googlemail.com> wrote:   Hi, this is about GC6 & 8 and the ability to delete resource forks. Until recently my main machine was a 10.4 with GC 6.7.7. All was pretty well. Switching to OSX 10.6 the context menu item "Delete Resource Forks" vanished and the only item close to it is "Remove Metadata..." which does not work as good as the old one. - To make it work at least one of the options has to be selected. It does not work as stated in the dialog box that it ALWAYS deletes the resource fork. - If it worked (not always), the modification date is changed - On GC8 (last tried a few month back) it performs only on files, not recursively on folders One of the main features of GC is (at least to me) it's ability to work without changing the modification date. I have resolved this problem by writing a python script that does this job. This is a minor annoyance on an otherwise outstanding product but I'd like to know why this immensely useful function degraded. -karsten