[ANN] GraphicConverter 8.7 (Build 1253)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Mark R. Williamson

Re: Feature request: Move .XMP with raw files

Post by Mark R. Williamson »

On Jun 29, 2013, at 8:20 PM, Jeffrey Lomicka wrote: It might be appropriate to take all files that have the same name,different extensions, in order to capture future or alternate sidecarformats, but you'd have to poll the user community to determine ifthat's a good idea.I certainly wouldn't want the raw and JPEG versions of the same photo always dragging around together.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Jeffrey,that is already on the todo list - but only for the sidecar file.Thorsten On 30.06.2013, at 03:20, Jeffrey Lomicka <jeff@jncquilts.com> wrote:   Feature request: When moving a raw image which carries metadata in a sidecar .xmp file (for example, Olympus .ORF after being edited with ACR), move the side car file whenever you move the image file. For example, when I drag the image out of the browser into another folder, either in the browser or in the Finder, notice the other file and take it too. It might be appropriate to take all files that have the same name, different extensions, in order to capture future or alternate sidecar formats, but you'd have to poll the user community to determine if that's a good idea. - Jeff
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Jeff,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlDrag and drop does now move the xmp sidecar file, too.Thorsten On 30.06.2013, at 03:20, Jeffrey Lomicka <jeff@jncquilts.com> wrote:   Feature request: When moving a raw image which carries metadata in a sidecar .xmp file (for example, Olympus .ORF after being edited with ACR), move the side car file whenever you move the image file. For example, when I drag the image out of the browser into another folder, either in the browser or in the Finder, notice the other file and take it too. It might be appropriate to take all files that have the same name, different extensions, in order to capture future or alternate sidecar formats, but you'd have to poll the user community to determine if that's a good idea. - Jeff