Rotate Turned Day shots into Night Negative shots

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Dale Dreher

Rotate Turned Day shots into Night Negative shots

Post by Dale Dreher »

Today I shot 16 locations, 605 photos. When I did my normal rotation on the verts to make them horizontal they turned into night looking shots with a dull haze. Humm? I don't have the originals to fix or redo, I rotated about 20 shots at once they are all weird, dark... ruined really. I truly believe I only rotated once, then noticed that the Browsing icon didn't rotate, so I rotated again, then again? When opening each picture the photo is ruined, but strangely the thumbnail or browsing image/icon looks normal and in it's orignal vertical state, so the browsing thumbnails are not updating either. Did the same thing yesterday a few at a time and din't have this problem? How can I show this to somemone to look at? in fact the Rotate buttons don't work at all now in my version 8.7 / 1254. Humm? Dale.
Dale Dreher

Re: Rotate Turned Day shots into Night Negative shots

Post by Dale Dreher »

here are a few shots to visually describe the problem. Any help much appreciated. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/pho ... 8/pic/list -Dale. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Dreher" <dale@...> wrote: > > Today I shot 16 locations, 605 photos. When I did my normal rotation on the verts to make them horizontal they turned into night looking shots with a dull haze. Humm? I don't have the originals to fix or redo, I rotated about 20 shots at once they are all weird, dark... ruined really. I truly believe I only rotated once, then noticed that the Browsing icon didn't rotate, so I rotated again, then again? When opening each picture the photo is ruined, but strangely the thumbnail or browsing image/icon looks normal and in it's orignal vertical state, so the browsing thumbnails are not updating either. Did the same thing yesterday a few at a time and din't have this problem? How can I show this to somemone to look at? in fact the Rotate buttons don't work at all now in my version 8.7 / 1254. Humm? > > Dale. >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Dale,please e-mail one unmodified image for testing.Thorsten On 04.07.2013, at 07:36, "Dale Dreher" <dale@hazardtown.com> wrote:   here are a few shots to visually describe the problem. Any help much appreciated. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/pho ... 8/pic/list -Dale.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Dale,I suggest always: select all images. Select action/metadata/rotate upon exif in the context menu. That will rotate the JPGs lossless.Thorsten On 04.07.2013, at 07:23, "Dale Dreher" <dale@hazardtown.com> wrote:   Today I shot 16 locations, 605 photos. When I did my normal rotation on the verts to make them horizontal they turned into night looking shots with a dull haze. Humm? I don't have the originals to fix or redo, I rotated about 20 shots at once they are all weird, dark... ruined really. I truly believe I only rotated once, then noticed that the Browsing icon didn't rotate, so I rotated again, then again? When opening each picture the photo is ruined, but strangely the thumbnail or browsing image/icon looks normal and in it's orignal vertical state, so the browsing thumbnails are not updating either. Did the same thing yesterday a few at a time and din't have this problem? How can I show this to somemone to look at? in fact the Rotate buttons don't work at all now in my version 8.7 / 1254. Humm? Dale.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Dale,I checked your files.The rotation work here with the default settings perfectly:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta/rot.movYour e-mailed rotated files are much smaller and darker than the original. So, I have only the following idea:- you did check the merge color profile option in the JPEG save as options - you checked the reach special file size option in the JPEG save as options- you checked progressive in the JPEG save as optionsAll this settings are not the default. The default settings does give normally the best result. So, please restore the image from your TimeMachine backup and rotate again with the default settings.Thorsten On 04.07.2013, at 07:36, Dale Dreher <dale@hazardtown.com> wrote:   here are a few shots to visually describe the problem. Any help much appreciated. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/pho ... 8/pic/list -Dale. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Dreher" <dale@...> wrote: > > Today I shot 16 locations, 605 photos. When I did my normal rotation on the verts to make them horizontal they turned into night looking shots with a dull haze. Humm? I don't have the originals to fix or redo, I rotated about 20 shots at once they are all weird, dark... ruined really. I truly believe I only rotated once, then noticed that the Browsing icon didn't rotate, so I rotated again, then again? When opening each picture the photo is ruined, but strangely the thumbnail or browsing image/icon looks normal and in it's orignal vertical state, so the browsing thumbnails are not updating either. Did the same thing yesterday a few at a time and din't have this problem? How can I show this to somemone to look at? in fact the Rotate buttons don't work at all now in my version 8.7 / 1254. Humm? > > Dale. >