Batch editing of IPTC information

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
cvoneinem

Batch editing of IPTC information

Post by cvoneinem »

Hi Thorsten, when I try to batch edit some IPTC data something differs from the same workflow if done "one by one". Here is what I do: In a browser I mark several images and (with cmd+I) ask GC to batch edit these files' IPTC information. After a confirmation dialog a "document information" window opens. The tab Copyright now shows two radio buttons for copyright status: "unknown" and "protected". When I switch to "protected" and confirm the changes these files will show up in Photoshop with a copyright status "public domain". If I change that same copyright info for one image only then GC offers me three options: unknown:public domain:protected. Exiftool now reports a changed <xmpRights:Marked> as 'True' This happens with GC 8.7.1 (1273) Mac App Store Version on OS X 10.6.8 Cheers, Carl ps. There is another little issue that I have when synching image files with GPS data: first I tell GC to read one or more .gpx files, as a second step I select all images thumbnails in my GC browser typically by cmd+A and try to select "assign GPX-NMEA data to selection..." from the "GPS symbol" menu. Now if that folder by chance contains a subfolder or some non image file and I lazily selected "all" the "assign..." command is greyed. I think it'll be nice from GC to (for this command) ignore all selected files that are no images and ask the user if image files in subfolders need to be searched and modified, too.
thorstenlemke

Re: Batch editing of IPTC information

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi Carl,I found and fixed it:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten On 10.08.2013, at 13:29, cvoneinem <einem@gmx.de> wrote:   Hi Thorsten, when I try to batch edit some IPTC data something differs from the same workflow if done "one by one". Here is what I do: In a browser I mark several images and (with cmd+I) ask GC to batch edit these files' IPTC information. After a confirmation dialog a "document information" window opens. The tab Copyright now shows two radio buttons for copyright status: "unknown" and "protected". When I switch to "protected" and confirm the changes these files will show up in Photoshop with a copyright status "public domain". If I change that same copyright info for one image only then GC offers me three options: unknown:public domain:protected. Exiftool now reports a changed <xmpRights:Marked> as 'True' This happens with GC 8.7.1 (1273) Mac App Store Version on OS X 10.6.8 Cheers, Carl
Katie Bretsch

Re: Batch editing of IPTC information

Post by Katie Bretsch »

I've never been successful batch editing IPTC data either. Would be useful. I use the Creative Commons licenses. It would be helpful to have buttons for those, too.