Find and Replace IPTC hangs

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
JosephV

Find and Replace IPTC hangs

Post by JosephV »

Hola Thorsten, When I want to replace specific keywords in multiples photos, I go to the browser, select the photos, go to "find and replace IPTC data". A new window comes up with 2 boxes: Find: I enter the actual word I want to replace in all the photos selected; go to Replace with box and enter the new word i want. I hit OK. I get a floating window "File Operation" with the path of the 1st photo selected and it hangs. No further activity. If I choose the x (cancel) nothing happens. Unable to get rid of the floating window unless I quit GC. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Joe
thorstenlemke

Re: Find and Replace IPTC hangs

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi Hoe,thanks for your report.I rechecked it here.I get no hang. It does just replace the test.Please recheck with the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten On 11.08.2013, at 12:30, "JosephV" <jvillalona@comcast.net> wrote:   Hola Thorsten, When I want to replace specific keywords in multiples photos, I go to the browser, select the photos, go to "find and replace IPTC data". A new window comes up with 2 boxes: Find: I enter the actual word I want to replace in all the photos selected; go to Replace with box and enter the new word i want. I hit OK. I get a floating window "File Operation" with the path of the 1st photo selected and it hangs. No further activity. If I choose the x (cancel) nothing happens. Unable to get rid of the floating window unless I quit GC. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks,
JosephV

Post by JosephV »

Hola Thorsten, I did as you suggested: downloaded the last beta and it still hangs Replaced the preferences with no avail also. Please advise. Thanks Joe --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi Hoe, > > thanks for your report. > > I rechecked it here. > > I get no hang. It does just replace the test. > > Please recheck with the latest BETA: > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > Thorsten > > > On 11.08.2013, at 12:30, "JosephV" <jvillalona@...> wrote: > > > Hola Thorsten, > > > > When I want to replace specific keywords in multiples photos, I go to the browser, select the photos, go to "find and replace IPTC data". A new window comes up with 2 boxes: Find: I enter the actual word I want to replace in all the photos selected; go to Replace with box and enter the new word i want. I hit OK. I get a floating window "File Operation" with the path of the 1st photo selected and it hangs. No further activity. If I choose the x (cancel) nothing happens. Unable to get rid of the floating window unless I quit GC. Am I doing something wrong? > > > > Thanks, > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Joe,please e-mail some sample files and the strings that you tried to use.Thorsten On 12.08.2013, at 01:34, "JosephV" <jvillalona@comcast.net> wrote:   Hola Thorsten, I did as you suggested: downloaded the last beta and it still hangs Replaced the preferences with no avail also. Please advise. Thanks Joe --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi Hoe, > > thanks for your report. > > I rechecked it here. > > I get no hang. It does just replace the test. > > Please recheck with the latest BETA: > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > Thorsten > >