Bug report: Scaling error in GC 6.7 - 8.8

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Karsten Wolf

Bug report: Scaling error in GC 6.7 - 8.8

Post by Karsten Wolf »

Hi all, today I got a set of images where all versions of GC I have available( 6.7 & 8.8) refuse to set the vertical resolution. The converted images have a resolution of (100,300) which looks very distorted in icon view and QuickLook.. After fiddling with the GC script (changing order of commands) I gave up and set the resolution in PhotoShop. After that it worked. The conversion script goes like this: - change color mode(RGB) - max size(600, proportional,fit, invert for vertical) - resolution(100,100, no convert picture) - sharpen edges - insert image - change format(JPEG) Since these were the only real errors after many thousands of conversions I don't expect to see this error soon again. But you never know. I sent a sample to you directly. -karsten
thorstenlemke

Re: Bug report: Scaling error in GC 6.7 - 8.8

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi,please enable all checkboxes for the metadata in the JPEG save as options.The resolution is stored in the JFIF header and EXIF following to the JPEG standard.Thorsten On 30.08.2013, at 17:32, Karsten Wolf <karstenwo@googlemail.com> wrote:   Hi all, today I got a set of images where all versions of GC I have available( 6.7 & 8.8) refuse to set the vertical resolution. The converted images have a resolution of (100,300) which looks very distorted in icon view and QuickLook.. After fiddling with the GC script (changing order of commands) I gave up and set the resolution in PhotoShop. After that it worked.
Karsten Wolf

Post by Karsten Wolf »

On 30.08.2013, at 19:15, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hi, > > please enable all checkboxes for the metadata in the JPEG save as options. > The resolution is stored in the JFIF header and EXIF following to the JPEG standard. Sorry, that did not help. In all cases QuickLook is distorted and all converted images have 300 dpi vertical and 100 dpi horizontal resolution according to Preview. Examining the image properties with Preview brought the following: tab "General": DPI Height 300, DPI Width 100 tab "EXIF": No DPI info tab "IPTC": No DPI info tab "JFIF": X Density: 100, Y Density: 100 ------------------------------------------ tab "TIFF": X Resolution 100, Y Resolution 300 It seems like the JFIF part is written and read correctly, but the "TIFF" info is where the discrepancy lies. Is there an option to remove this part? The OSX versions used are 10.6 and 10.7 -karsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi,please download the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlI found the reason. Your original file does contain many (4) double exif tags. I do now check and fix upon saving as JPG.Thorsten On 30.08.2013, at 20:45, Karsten Wolf <karstenwo@googlemail.com> wrote:   On 30.08.2013, at 19:15, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hi, > > please enable all checkboxes for the metadata in the JPEG save as options. > The resolution is stored in the JFIF header and EXIF following to the JPEG standard. Sorry, that did not help. In all cases QuickLook is distorted and all converted images have 300 dpi vertical and 100 dpi horizontal resolution according to Preview. Examining the image properties with Preview brought the following: tab "General": DPI Height 300, DPI Width 100 tab "EXIF": No DPI info tab "IPTC": No DPI info tab "JFIF": X Density: 100, Y Density: 100 ------------------------------------------ tab "TIFF": X Resolution 100, Y Resolution 300 It seems like the JFIF part is written and read correctly, but the "TIFF" info is where the discrepancy lies. Is there an option to remove this part? The OSX versions used are 10.6 and 10.7 -karsten
Karsten Wolf

Post by Karsten Wolf »

On 31.08.2013, at 10:11, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hi, > > please download the latest BETA: > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > I found the reason. Your original file does contain many (4) double exif tags. I do now check and fix upon saving as JPG. > > Thorsten Works. Thanks you. -karsten