Image with Transparency conversion from .png to .jpg

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
D.M.

Image with Transparency conversion from .png to .jpg

Post by D.M. »

Hi, I have images from Apophysis that are .png and contain transparency. They open in GC but upon conversion to .jpg will not open in Preview or Smart Photo Editor. Preview message: It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesna�t recognize. Smart Photo Editor used to be able to open .png's with transparency but they changed their interlace ? coding and now must be .jpg's. So, I converted a ton of images only to find out that the two programs above and probably all others will not open these. Smart Photo Editor Crashes upon trying to open them. Help. Thanks, Douglas M.
thorstenlemke

Re: Image with Transparency conversion from .png to .jpg

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Douglas,which codec did you select in GraphicConverter? Maybe lossless?Select baseline for standard usage (as written in the shown alert).Thorsten On 31.08.2013, at 17:41, "D.M." <douglink1@yahoo.com> wrote:   Hi, I have images from Apophysis that are .png and contain transparency. They open in GC but upon conversion to .jpg will not open in Preview or Smart Photo Editor. Preview message: It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesna�t recognize. Smart Photo Editor used to be able to open .png's with transparency but they changed their interlace ? coding and now must be .jpg's. So, I converted a ton of images only to find out that the two programs above and probably all others will not open these. Smart Photo Editor Crashes upon trying to open them. Help. Thanks, Douglas M..
D.M.

Re: Image with Transparency conversion from .png to .jpg

Post by D.M. »

Yes, Thorsten. Lossless. Good prognostication! Ok. Will do. Douglas --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Douglas, > > which codec did you select in GraphicConverter? Maybe lossless? > Select baseline for standard usage (as written in the shown alert). > Thorsten > > > On 31.08.2013, at 17:41, "D.M." <douglink1@...> wrote: > > > Hi, > > I have images from Apophysis that are .png and contain transparency. > > They open in GC but upon conversion to .jpg will not open in Preview or Smart Photo Editor. > > > > Preview message: It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesna�t recognize. > > > > Smart Photo Editor used to be able to open .png's with transparency but they changed their interlace ? coding and now must be .jpg's. So, I converted a ton of images only to find out that the two programs above and probably all others will not open these. Smart Photo Editor Crashes upon trying to open them. > > > > Help. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Douglas M. > > . > > > > > > >