Browser viewing bug?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
keith

Browser viewing bug?

Post by keith »

Hello all,When viewing images in the browser I use the arrow keys to navigate and Apple's Quick Look to quick look.  Up/down arrows work fine, Right arrow works fine..The Left arrow does not move to the image on the left but to the next higher level folder which is very annoying.  Is this correct behavior or a bug?Keith
John Hill

Re: Browser viewing bug?

Post by John Hill »

It works as expected for me - the only time the left arrow does not take me to the previous image is when the first image in the folder is selected - then it takes me to the last image. Using Snow Leopard (10.6.8), GC 8.8.1 (build 1335).John. On 18 Sep 2013, at 16:43, keith wrote:   Hello all,When viewing images in the browser I use the arrow keys to navigate and Apple's Quick Look to quick look.  Up/down arrows work fine, Right arrow works fine..The Left arrow does not move to the image on the left but to the next higher level folder which is very annoying.  Is this correct behavior or a bug?Keith
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Keith,I rechecked it here. It does not happen here.Please try to trash the prefs.Thorsten   Hello all,When viewing images in the browser I use the arrow keys to navigate and Apple's Quick Look to quick look.  Up/down arrows work fine, Right arrow works fine..The Left arrow does not move to the image on the left but to the next higher level folder which is very annoying.  Is this correct behavior or a bug?Keith
sailormangangway

Post by sailormangangway »

Re. Keyboard arrows not behaving correctly in the browser Hi Thorsten,Trashing the prefs did indeed solve the problem. However,  the problem has again resurfaced and I have once again trashed the prefs, caches and saved state but that does not solve the problem this time which was:  In the browser window the left arrow instead of moving the image selection left it moves the browser window up to the higher level folder.KeithOSX .9;  GC 8.8.2, 1367 ---In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello Keith,I rechecked it here. It does not happen here.Please try to trash the prefs.Thorsten   Hello all,When viewing images in the browser I use the arrow keys to navigate and Apple's Quick Look to quick look.  Up/down arrows work fine, Right arrow works fine..The Left arrow does not move to the image on the left but to the next higher level folder which is very annoying.  Is this correct behavior or a bug?Keith
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi Keith,just press command + up to go one level up.And command + down to open the selected file or folder.ThorstenOn 28.10.2013, at 23:01, sailormangangway@yahoo.com wrote: Re. Keyboard arrows not behaving correctly in the browser Hi Thorsten,Trashing the prefs did indeed solve the problem. However,  the problem has again resurfaced and I have once again trashed the prefs, caches and saved state but that does not solve the problem this time which was:  In the browser window the left arrow instead of moving the image selection left it moves the browser window up to the higher level folder.Keith