Keywords limit in IPTC

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
normsiler

Keywords limit in IPTC

Post by normsiler »

Graphic Converter (v. 8.7, Build 1254) yesterday began cutting off at 64 characters any Keywords I enter into that IPTC field from the browser. This is a change, but not anything I selected. How do I restore GC to accept more keywords?Is there a setting for it? I could not find one.Or, must I trash the Preferences? All of them? > com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.intel> com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.LSSharedFileList> com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter Norman Siler
thorstenlemke

Re: Keywords limit in IPTC

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi,I did not change the limit. Please use the current 8.8.Thorsten On 23.09.2013, at 19:01, <normsiler@yahoo.com> wrote:   Graphic Converter (v. 8.7, Build 1254) yesterday began cutting off at 64 characters any Keywords I enter into that IPTC field from the browser. This is a change, but not anything I selected. How do I restore GC to accept more keywords?Is there a setting for it? I could not find one.Or, must I trash the Preferences? All of them?> com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.intel> com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.LSSharedFileList> com.lemkesoft.graphicconverterNorman Siler
normsiler

Post by normsiler »

Thank you. I understand it is a change caused by something neither Lemke Software or I did.To make sure I was using current GC, as you requested, I upgraded to v. 8.8 (build 1316), but the cut off Keywords in IPTC continues.Must I trash all Preferences? Or, just one of three I find in ~/Library/Preferences/?Your advice will govern.Norman Siler --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi,I did not change the limit. Please use the current 8.8.Thorsten On 23.09.2013, at 19:01, <normsiler@...> wrote:   Graphic Converter (v. 8.7, Build 1254) yesterday began cutting off at 64 characters any Keywords I enter into that IPTC field from the browser. This is a change, but not anything I selected. How do I restore GC to accept more keywords?Is there a setting for it? I could not find one.Or, must I trash the Preferences? All of them?> com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.intel> com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.LSSharedFileList> com.lemkesoft.graphicconverterNorman Siler
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Norman,yes, please trash all thee files - you have to quit GC first.Thorsten On 23.09.2013, at 23:12, <normsiler@yahoo.com> wrote:   Thank you. I understand it is a change caused by something neither Lemke Software or I did.To make sure I was using current GC, as you requested, I upgraded to v. 8.8 (build 1316), but the cut off Keywords in IPTC continues.Must I trash all Preferences? Or, just one of three I find in ~/Library/Preferences/?Your advice will govern.Norman Siler
normsiler

Post by normsiler »

Re-registered with license code on file, and at first launch a Crash Log appeared - from 29 Sep 2009 ! That crash log shows GC 6.4.2 active at that time. As already stated, the problem two days ago first appeared while using GC 8.7 (Build 1254).All is well, so far with GC 8.8. The Keywords are fully in place - but not displayed until re-installing GC.Thank you for the assist.Norman Siler ---In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <lemke@...> wrote: Hello Norman,yes, please trash all thee files - you have to quit GC first.Thorsten On 23.09.2013, at 23:12, <normsiler@...> wrote:   Thank you. I understand it is a change caused by something neither Lemke Software or I did.To make sure I was using current GC, as you requested, I upgraded to v. 8.8 (build 1316), but the cut off Keywords in IPTC continues.Must I trash all Preferences? Or, just one of three I find in ~/Library/Preferences/?Your advice will govern.Norman Siler
normsiler

Post by normsiler »

Correction: Keywords were not fully in place. I misread the wrong photo IPTC at first.But the field now keeps all items keyed in.NS ---In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <normsiler@...> wrote:Re-registered with license code on file, and at first launch a Crash Log appeared - from 29 Sep 2009 ! That crash log shows GC 6.4.2 active at that time. As already stated, the problem two days ago first appeared while using GC 8.7 (Build 1254).All is well, so far with GC 8.8. The Keywords are fully in place - but not displayed until re-installing GC.Thank you for the assist.Norman Siler ---In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <lemke@...> wrote: Hello Norman,yes, please trash all thee files - you have to quit GC first.Thorsten On 23.09.2013, at 23:12, <normsiler@...> wrote:   Thank you. I understand it is a change caused by something neither Lemke Software or I did.To make sure I was using current GC, as you requested, I upgraded to v. 8.8 (build 1316), but the cut off Keywords in IPTC continues.Must I trash all Preferences? Or, just one of three I find in ~/Library/Preferences/?Your advice will govern.Norman Siler