Wont save?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Tony Jackson

Wont save?

Post by Tony Jackson »

Hi all, I've reconstituted a 210-year-old map from pieces I downloaded, and saved it as a .png, but luckily noticed that the icon in the folder where it is saved looked a bit peculiar, with white areas missing - instead of a rectangle it looks like a thick-wall 'H'. I double-clicked it, and it opened GC8, in which it displayed with parts of the map missing, and a checker pattern in their place. Nothing I do seems to persuade GC5 or GC8 to save it with a credible icon. But if I open it in GC5 the whole image is all still there - phew! Anything I can do? Tried saving as .gif, jpg, .tif etc. When I try to make a .pdf of it it has bits of white where there should be map, so it is useless. Best, T. -- Tony Jackson, Devon, UK.
thorstenlemke

Re: Wont save?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,the checkerboard pattern is displayed for the transparent parts.Please try to remove the alpha channel.Thorsten On 26.09.2013, at 19:09, Tony Jackson <tony@you-me-and-us.com> wrote:   Hi all, I've reconstituted a 210-year-old map from pieces I downloaded, and saved it as a .png, but luckily noticed that the icon in the folder where it is saved looked a bit peculiar, with white areas missing - instead of a rectangle it looks like a thick-wall 'H'.
Tony Jackson

Post by Tony Jackson »

Hi Thorsten, >the checkerboard pattern is displayed for the transparent parts. > >Please try to remove the alpha channel. That did it! Thanks. How did I get to have transparent parts in my patchwork quilt of map-pieces? Best, T. -- Tony Jackson, Devon, UK.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Tony,the alpha channel was imported from the source image - if there is one.Thorsten On 26.09.2013, at 21:00, Tony Jackson <tony@you-me-and-us.com> wrote:   Hi Thorsten, >the checkerboard pattern is displayed for the transparent parts. > >Please try to remove the alpha channel. That did it! Thanks. How did I get to have transparent parts in my patchwork quilt of map-pieces? Best, T. -- Tony Jackson, Devon, UK.