Removing A Logo

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
pripley1

Removing A Logo

Post by pripley1 »

I recently received a set of JPEG's from a friend that have a very large logo that actually masks some of the picture.Is there a way to remove a logo from a JPEG?(I searched the manual and the group messages, but couldn't find how to do this.)Danke
Gerald Balzer

Re: Removing A Logo

Post by Gerald Balzer »

The only way to do it is to ask your friend to provide you with a version without that watermark logo. These logos are used to show the copyright of a picture. So there's no legal way to do it.  Best regardsGerald BalzerBALZER COMPUTING • Breitensteinstr. 88 • CH-8037 Zurich • Switzerland • Tel.: +41-44-4404605 • Fax: +41-44-4404609Member of the developer-network die4dWerkstatt Am 30.10.2013 um 19:55 schrieb <psripley@cox.net> <psripley@cox.net>: I recently received a set of JPEG's from a friend that have a very large logo that actually masks some of the picture.Is there a way to remove a logo from a JPEG?(I searched the manual and the group messages, but couldn't find how to do this.)Danke
pripley1

Post by pripley1 »

In this case, these were not copyrighted materials.  These were taken with someone's digital camera.  The logo was apparently an attempt at humor.If it can't be removed, then all I can do is crop.Thanks ---In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <gbalzer@...> wrote:The only way to do it is to ask your friend to provide you with a version without that watermark logo. These logos are used to show the copyright of a picture. So there's no legal way to do it.  Best regardsGerald BalzerBALZER COMPUTING • Breitensteinstr. 88 • CH-8037 Zurich • Switzerland • Tel.: +41-44-4404605 • Fax: +41-44-4404609Member of the developer-network die4dWerkstatt Am 30.10.2013 um 19:55 schrieb <psripley@...> <psripley@...>: I recently received a set of JPEG's from a friend that have a very large logo that actually masks some of the picture.Is there a way to remove a logo from a JPEG?(I searched the manual and the group messages, but couldn't find how to do this.)Danke
Carl von Einem

Post by Carl von Einem »

Use the stamp and retouch it. Carl psripley@cox.net schrieb am 30.10.13 20:10: > > > In this case, these were not copyrighted materials. These were taken > with someone's digital camera. The logo was apparently an attempt at humor. > > > If it can't be removed, then all I can do is crop. > > > Thanks > > > > ---In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <gbalzer@...> wrote: > > The only way to do it is to ask your friend to provide you with a > version without that watermark logo. These logos are used to show the > copyright of a picture. So there's no legal way to do it. > > Best regards > > Gerald Balzer > > BALZER COMPUTING • Breitensteinstr. 88 • CH-8037 Zurich • Switzerland • > Tel.: +41-44-4404605 • Fax: +41-44-4404609 > Member of the developer-network die4dWerkstatt > > Am 30.10.2013 um 19:55 schrieb <psripley@... <mailto:psripley@...>> > <psripley@... <mailto:psripley@...>>: > >> I recently received a set of JPEG's from a friend that have a very >> large logo that actually masks some of the picture. >> >> >> >> Is there a way to remove a logo from a JPEG? >> >> (I searched the manual and the group messages, but couldn't find >> how to do this.) >> >> Danke >>
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi,the logo is part of the image. So, the original pixels are missing. You can only manually stamp or crop.ThorstenOn 30.10.2013, at 20:10, <psripley@cox.net> <psripley@cox.net> wrote: In this case, these were not copyrighted materials.  These were taken with someone's digital camera.  The logo was apparently an attempt at humor.If it can't be removed, then all I can do is crop.Thanks