Resize to Pixel Height

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Dale Dreher

Resize to Pixel Height

Post by Dale Dreher »

for many years I have used GC to reduce large JPGs to smaller and easier to upload files by reducing the JPG file to a maximum Pixel Height. With the older computers a good height used to be like 760pixels high and the jpgs would display nicely on nearly any computer screen. Now, the shots I resize to 760 or 820 pixel height display small like a 3x5 index card size. Seems I should resize now to Taller Pixel height. Is there a new recommended pixel height to set my resize batch to that will look good on any commputer screen, 800, 900, 1020 ? Thank you very much for any successful experimentation on this that you can share. Dale. dale@hazardtown.com how I present images on the web for example ... www.MaverickLocations.com log in: navia
thorstenlemke

Re: Resize to Pixel Height

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Dale,I am now a bit confused. Maybe you do not change the resolution to 72 ppi and your destination app requires that.Please e-mail the source and destination file for testing.ThorstenOn 19.11.2013, at 04:51, Dale Dreher <dale@hazardtown.com> wrote: for many years I have used GC to reduce large JPGs to smaller and easier to upload files by reducing the JPG file to a maximum Pixel Height. With the older computers a good height used to be like 760pixels high and the jpgs would display nicely on nearly any computer screen.Now, the shots I resize to 760 or 820 pixel height display small like a 3x5 index card size. Seems I should resize now to Taller Pixel height. Is there a new recommended pixel height to set my resize batch to that will look good on any commputer screen, 800, 900, 1020 ?Thank you very much for any successful experimentation on this that you can share.Dale.dale@hazardtown.comhow I present images on the web for example ...www.MaverickLocations.comlog in: navia
Dale Dreher

Re: Resize to Pixel Height

Post by Dale Dreher »

Thank you sir, I will do that on my next run, when I shoot my next location and have some fresh Jpgs to deal with.really appreciate it!Dale. On Nov 18, 2013, at 11:15 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Dear Dale,I am now a bit confused. Maybe you do not change the resolution to 72 ppi and your destination app requires that.Please e-mail the source and destination file for testing.ThorstenOn 19.11.2013, at 04:51, Dale Dreher <dale@hazardtown.com> wrote:for many years I have used GC to reduce large JPGs to smaller and easier to upload files by reducing the JPG file to a maximum Pixel Height. With the older computers a good height used to be like 760pixels high and the jpgs would display nicely on nearly any computer screen.Now, the shots I resize to 760 or 820 pixel height display small like a 3x5 index card size. Seems I should resize now to Taller Pixel height. Is there a new recommended pixel height to set my resize batch to that will look good on any commputer screen, 800, 900, 1020 ?Thank you very much for any successful experimentation on this that you can share.Dale.dale@hazardtown.comhow I present images on the web for example ...www.MaverickLocations.comlog in: navia