GC9 as default app

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Jonathan Lundell

GC9 as default app

Post by Jonathan Lundell »

One minor annoyance I've noticed (and I'm not sure whether this applies to GC9 generally or only to the app store version) is that it's no longer the default application for the generic image extensions; that's all reverted to Preview.
Robert Poland

Re: GC9 as default app

Post by Robert Poland »

You probably need to go into one of the image “Get Info” and reset to the “New” GC. Don’t forget to select change all. On Dec 19, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: > One minor annoyance I've noticed (and I'm not sure whether this applies to GC9 generally or only to the app store version) is that it's no longer the default application for the generic image extensions; that's all reverted to Preview. > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Jonathan Lundell

Post by Jonathan Lundell »

On 19 Dec 2013, at 12:04 PM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > > You probably need to go into one of the image “Get Info” and reset to the “New” GC. Don’t forget to select change all. Right, which is how GC got there in the first place (actually, I used the Default Apps system preference, which operates on the same data). Even so... > > > On Dec 19, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: > >> One minor annoyance I've noticed (and I'm not sure whether this applies to GC9 generally or only to the app store version) is that it's no longer the default application for the generic image extensions; that's all reverted to Preview.
Robert Gendreau

Post by Robert Gendreau »

Since many GC users are using it for, well, converting, check out RCDefaultApp preference pane, http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/ It allows you to set default applications for opening all sorts of stuff very easily. And you can do it by UTI. And you can look up all the UTI and file extensions for a particular application. And with GC, eg, you can just go down a checklist and select which extensions you want it to open. It’s a bit old, but works fine for me in Mavericks. Freeware. Rob On Dec 19, 2013, at 12:25 PM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: > On 19 Dec 2013, at 12:04 PM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >> >> You probably need to go into one of the image “Get Info” and reset to the “New” GC. Don’t forget to select change all. > > Right, which is how GC got there in the first place (actually, I used the Default Apps system preference, which operates on the same data). > > Even so... > >> >> >> On Dec 19, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: >> >>> One minor annoyance I've noticed (and I'm not sure whether this applies to GC9 generally or only to the app store version) is that it's no longer the default application for the generic image extensions; that's all reverted to Preview. > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > >
Gil Woolley

Post by Gil Woolley »

Jonathan,I think that this happened to me recently after I upgraded to Mavericks. The cure is to open any one of your .jpg files in [Finder] Get Info and scroll down to Open With.Then change the default application back to Graphic Converter from Preview. Just under that I think you will see a check box and the words “make this application default for all such files” or words to that effect. You probably had to do this years ago in order to make GC the default.Good luckGilOn Dec 19, 2013, at 11:59 AM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: One minor annoyance I've noticed (and I'm not sure whether this applies to GC9 generally or only to the app store version) is that it's no longer the default application for the generic image extensions; that's all reverted to Preview.