specificities of GC9 vs 8?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
herve_5

specificities of GC9 vs 8?

Post by herve_5 »

I think I've been using GC since version 1 --which gives an idea of my age :-)Now, I have some difficulties finding a precise list of differences between v.8 et v. 9. Sorry if this question has been already posted, but can someone direct me to such a roadmap?I did download v9 "as a demo", but didn't find key features other than the capacity to undo what seems to be a very small subset of simple effects (that I don't use, to be honest).Among others, is there a way to better use layers, for instance applying changes to one of them then adding/substracting it to another one? (this is quite precious to apply filters to e. g. only dark zones in raw images)Thank you!Herve
thorstenlemke

Re: specificities of GC9 vs 8?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Herve,the big new feature is the Cocooner.More will follow during the next months.Thorsten On 24.12.2013, at 11:05, <fh.sainct@laposte.net> <fh.sainct@laposte.net> wrote: I think I've been using GC since version 1 --which gives an idea of my age :-)Now, I have some difficulties finding a precise list of differences between v.8 et v. 9. Sorry if this question has been already posted, but can someone direct me to such a roadmap?I did download v9 "as a demo", but didn't find key features other than the capacity to undo what seems to be a very small subset of simple effects (that I don't use, to be honest).Among others, is there a way to better use layers, for instance applying changes to one of them then adding/substracting it to another one? (this is quite precious to apply filters to e. g. only dark zones in raw images)Thank you!Herve