Slide show bug/feature enhancement request

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Jim Ellwanger

Slide show bug/feature enhancement request

Post by Jim Ellwanger »

I’ve verified that what I’m about to describe is true in version 9.0.2. Of course, it’s possible that I’ve missed a setting somewhere… If "Repeat Slide Show" is checked in Preferences > Slide Show > General, and "Random order" is checked when starting a slide show, the slide show will play in random order the first time through, but then the second time through (and third, fourth…), it will play in the "Sort Files"/"Order" specified in the preferences. The behavior I would expect, based on certain Preferences > Slide Show > General settings, when "Random order" is checked, is this: 1. "Repeat Slide Show" not checked — play through the slide show in random order once. 2. "Repeat Slide Show" checked and "Reload file list before loop" not checked — play through the slide show in random order, repeat in the same order. 3. "Repeat Slide Show" and "Reload file list before loop" both checked — play through the slide show in random order, repeat in a different random order. -- Jim Ellwanger <trainman@ellwanger.tv> <http://www.ellwanger.tv>
thorstenlemke

Re: Slide show bug/feature enhancement request

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Jim, thanks. I will check that. Thorsten On 04.01.2014, at 06:33, Jim Ellwanger <trainman@ellwanger.tv> wrote: > I’ve verified that what I’m about to describe is true in version 9.0.2. Of course, it’s possible that I’ve missed a setting somewhere… > > If "Repeat Slide Show" is checked in Preferences > Slide Show > General, and "Random order" is checked when starting a slide show, the slide show will play in random order the first time through, but then the second time through (and third, fourth…), it will play in the "Sort Files"/"Order" specified in the preferences. > > The behavior I would expect, based on certain Preferences > Slide Show > General settings, when "Random order" is checked, is this: > > 1. "Repeat Slide Show" not checked — play through the slide show in random order once. > > 2. "Repeat Slide Show" checked and "Reload file list before loop" not checked — play through the slide show in random order, repeat in the same order. > > 3. "Repeat Slide Show" and "Reload file list before loop" both checked — play through the slide show in random order, repeat in a different random order. > > -- > Jim Ellwanger <trainman@ellwanger.tv> > <http://www.ellwanger.tv> > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThat should fix it.ThorstenOn 04.01.2014, at 06:33, Jim Ellwanger <trainman@ellwanger.tv> wrote: I’ve verified that what I’m about to describe is true in version 9.0.2.  Of course, it’s possible that I’ve missed a setting somewhere…If "Repeat Slide Show" is checked in Preferences > Slide Show > General, and "Random order" is checked when starting a slide show, the slide show will play in random order the first time through, but then the second time through (and third, fourth…), it will play in the "Sort Files"/"Order" specified in the preferences.The behavior I would expect, based on certain Preferences > Slide Show > General settings, when "Random order" is checked, is this:1. "Repeat Slide Show" not checked — play through the slide show in random order once.2. "Repeat Slide Show" checked and "Reload file list before loop" not checked — play through the slide show in random order, repeat in the same order.3. "Repeat Slide Show" and "Reload file list before loop" both checked — play through the slide show in random order, repeat in a different random order.-- Jim Ellwanger <trainman@ellwanger.tv><http://www.ellwanger.tv>
trainman74

Post by trainman74 »

Thank you!  It is working just as I wanted in the beta!