Convert a series of JPGs to a Movie

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
WSCFan

Convert a series of JPGs to a Movie

Post by WSCFan »

Can I use GC to convert a series of JPGs into a movie? I've tried selecting a group of JPG images in the Browser and then selecting Export SlideShow to Movie but it doesn't work. It opens a dialog for me to select the images (which I do), then it asks me where to save it and what name to give it, but after clicking OK no file is created. I assume I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure this out. I've tried multiple different groups of JPGs.Thanks for your help.
thorstenlemke

Re: Convert a series of JPGs to a Movie

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,there are two ways:1) Use convert & modify:Select the source images.Select movie as destination format.Convert.You will get the option to create one or multiple move.2) Use Slideshow from movie from the file menu.Select the source folder.Select the movie name.Thorsten On 06.01.2014, at 13:54, <wscfan@yahoo.com> <wscfan@yahoo.com> wrote: Can I use GC to convert a series of JPGs into a movie? I've tried selecting a group of JPG images in the Browser and then selecting Export SlideShow to Movie but it doesn't work. It opens a dialog for me to select the images (which I do), then it asks me where to save it and what name to give it, but after clicking OK no file is created. I assume I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure this out. I've tried multiple different groups of JPGs.Thanks for your help.
WSCFan

Post by WSCFan »

Thorsten,Thanks very much for the quick reply. When I try approach #1 in your message I end up with files that are zero bytes in length (even though I select a number of .jpgs). More specifically I select the .jpgs, pick MooV as the destination format and hit the Go button.When I use approach #2, I do select the source folder and then pick a movie name and location to put it but it doesn't create a file at all. I've tried multiple locations for the save, and multiple file names (including the default "SlideShow").Sorry. I don't know if it could be relevant, but I previously had a *very very* old version of GC. I deleted it and purchased the current version from the App Store. Could this cause an issue?Ron
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Ron,ah - maybe due the sandboxing in the Mac App Store version.Please download the normal version from http://www.lemkesoft.com and recheck.Simple e-mail your purchase receipt to lemke@lemkesoft.de I will issue a normal license as written on our website.http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/gra ... -store/The Mac App Store version has a lot of limitations due the required sandboxing in the Mac App Store.ThorstenOn 06.01.2014, at 16:06, <wscfan@yahoo.com> <wscfan@yahoo.com> wrote: Thorsten,Thanks very much for the quick reply. When I try approach #1 in your message I end up with files that are zero bytes in length (even though I select a number of .jpgs). More specifically I select the .jpgs, pick MooV as the destination format and hit the Go button.When I use approach #2, I do select the source folder and then pick a movie name and location to put it but it doesn't create a file at all. I've tried multiple locations for the save, and multiple file names (including the default "SlideShow").Sorry. I don't know if it could be relevant, but I previously had a *very very* old version of GC. I deleted it and purchased the current version from the App Store. Could this cause an issue?Ron
WSCFan

Post by WSCFan »

Yes, this all works fine if I use the version from your website rather than the App Store...Regards,Ron
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Ron,ah - so, an issue of the sandboxing. GraphicConverter is by default only allowed to write to the Pictures folder.Thorsten On 06.01.2014, at 17:56, <wscfan@yahoo.com> <wscfan@yahoo.com> wrote: Yes, this all works fine if I use the version from your website rather than the App Store...Regards,Ron
Avery Colter

Post by Avery Colter »

Why is an alternative needed to Open Image Sequence in Quicktime Pro? From: "wscfan@yahoo.com" <wscfan@yahoo.com> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, January 6, 2014 7:06 AM Subject: [gcmac] RE: Convert a series of JPGs to a Movie   Thorsten,Thanks very much for the quick reply. When I try approach #1 in your message I end up with files that are zero bytes in length (even though I select a number of .jpgs). More specifically I select the .jpgs, pick MooV as the destination format and hit the Go button.When I use approach #2, I do select the source folder and then pick a movie name and location to put it but it doesn't create a file at all. I've tried multiple locations for the save, and multiple file names (including the default "SlideShow").Sorry. I don't know if it could be relevant, but I previously had a *very very* old version of GC. I deleted it and purchased the current version from the App Store. Could this cause an issue?Ron
Avery Colter

Post by Avery Colter »

In a registered version of Quicktime Player, which makes it the Pro version and gives it editing capabilities, you can make a folder with image files of the same name as prefix and frame number as suffix (Blender for instance can be set to output renders as groups of still images with such suffixing). Use QT Pro's Open Image Sequence to select that folder, then it asks for a frame rate. A movie window will result with the images sequenced by their suffixes, which then can be saved or exported to formats to which QTP is capable of exporting. It's very straightforward. Can probably be AppleScripted with a little work. Is there functionality beyond this which you'd want to see in GC? From: "wscfan@yahoo.com" <wscfan@yahoo.com> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, January 6, 2014 4:54 AM Subject: [gcmac] Convert a series of JPGs to a Movie   Can I use GC to convert a series of JPGs into a movie? I've tried selecting a group of JPG images in the Browser and then selecting Export SlideShow to Movie but it doesn't work. It opens a dialog for me to select the images (which I do), then it asks me where to save it and what name to give it, but after clicking OK no file is created. I assume I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure this out. I've tried multiple different groups of JPGs.Thanks for your help.