Error dialog when trying to save from applescript

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
totomouly

Error dialog when trying to save from applescript

Post by totomouly »

Attachments :problemdialog.jpgHi,I'm trying to use GraphicConverter 9 (Mac App Store Version) to convert a bunch of .emf files to .pngHowever when I try to save the file I get this dialog box (see attached jpeg), which basically says: "you can't save the document image12.png because you don't have sufficient privileges. Please log in as a different user or contact your system administrator."The exact applescript line that causes the message is below, theWindow being window 1 and thePath & my_new_file1 being the target file (I get the same error with the file name alone without full path):save theWindow in (thePath & my_new_file1) as PNGAny ideas? Is it a sandboxing issue, or something else? My account has admin rights.
thorstenlemke

Re: Error dialog when trying to save from applescript [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,the Mac App Store version has many limitations due the Apple Sandboxing. You can only save to your pictures folder if you do not use the normal file selector.So, please download the normal version from http://www.lemkesoft.com and your AppleScript will work.Thorsten On 24.01.2014, at 09:42, <totomouly@yahoo.com> <totomouly@yahoo.com> wrote: [Attachment(s) from totomouly@yahoo.com included below]Hi,I'm trying to use GraphicConverter 9 (Mac App Store Version) to convert a bunch of .emf files to .pngHowever when I try to save the file I get this dialog box (see attached jpeg), which basically says: "you can't save the document image12.png because you don't have sufficient privileges. Please log in as a different user or contact your system administrator."The exact applescript line that causes the message is below, theWindow being window 1 and thePath & my_new_file1 being the target file (I get the same error with the file name alone without full path):save theWindow in (thePath & my_new_file1) as PNGAny ideas? Is it a sandboxing issue, or something else? My account has admin rights.Attachment(s) from totomouly@yahoo.com1 of 1 Photo(s)
totomouly

Re: Error dialog when trying to save from applescript [1 Attachment]

Post by totomouly »

That's crazy. Yes, I downloaded the standard version and the problem is gone. My script now works properly!I wasn't aware that the Mac App Store version had so many limitations. Will try to get reimbursed from the Mac App Store then will purchase GC directly from the website.
thorstenlemke

Re: Error dialog when trying to save from applescript

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,you can e-mail a copy of your purchase receipt to lemke@lemkesoft.deI will issue a normal license (as written on our website):http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/gra ... ThorstenOn 25.01.2014, at 08:24, <totomouly@yahoo.com> <totomouly@yahoo.com> wrote: That's crazy. Yes, I downloaded the standard version and the problem is gone. My script now works properly!I wasn't aware that the Mac App Store version had so many limitations. Will try to get reimbursed from the Mac App Store then will purchase GC directly from the website.
Ed Foskey

Post by Ed Foskey »

Thorsten did that for me last year. The functionality was well worth it, and for no extra costs!-ed-On Jan 25, 2014, at 3:10 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: Hi,you can e-mail a copy of your purchase receipt to lemke@lemkesoft.deI will issue a normal license (as written on our website):http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/gra ... ThorstenOn 25.01.2014, at 08:24, <totomouly@yahoo.com> <totomouly@yahoo.com> wrote:That's crazy. Yes, I downloaded the standard version and the problem is gone. My script now works properl y!I wasn't aware that the Mac App Store version had so many limitations. Will try to get reimbursed from the Mac App Store then will purchase GC directly from the website.
totomouly

Post by totomouly »

That's very kind of you. However I already got reimbursed by the Mac App Store and purchased GC directly from your site. Thank you for the great support, you rock!