Default slideshow path?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
nateperrymd

Default slideshow path?

Post by nateperrymd »

OK, I feel I must be overlooking something quite obvious, but when I start a slideshow, can I specify the default path to navigate from, rather than my own Documents folder? Or as an alternative, can I set navigation to start from the last folder used?I keep my image files in an external HD that is not always connected, and each time I start a slideshow I have to navigate out of Documents, go into my HD, and through all of its folders. I'd like to save all those keystrokes...
thorstenlemke

Re: Default slideshow path?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,I just call the Apple folder selector. Normally it does store the last location.Maybe the DefaultFolder extension would be a good idea for you.Thorsten On 02.02.2014, at 00:11, nateomatic5@netscape.net wrote: OK, I feel I must be overlooking something quite obvious, but when I start a slideshow, can I specify the default path to navigate from, rather than my own Documents folder? Or as an alternative, can I set navigation to start from the last folder used?I keep my image files in an external HD that is not always connected, and each time I start a slideshow I have to navigate out of Documents, go into my HD, and through all of its folders. I'd like to save all those keystrokes...
nateperrymd

Post by nateperrymd »

Yes, once in a while it does show the last location, but far more often it reverts to Documents. Could that be because the HD is not always connected?What is the DefaultFolder extension?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,yes, that may be the reason.http://www.stclairsw.com for Default Folder.Thorsten Yes, once in a while it does show the last location, but far more often it reverts to Documents. Could that be because the HD is not always connected?What is the DefaultFolder extension?__. 
nateperrymd

Post by nateperrymd »

Wow, all the years I've been using Macs and I hadn't heard of that before!I may also try just using an alias of my HD that will always be present on the machine.Thanks for the help!