Script shortcut keys

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

Script shortcut keys

Post by Robert Poland »

Hi, I seem to recall in the distant past there was a way to assign, within GC, a shortcut key combo to user created scripts in the GC script folder. Maybe as a sufix to the scripts name. Does that still exist or did it ever? TIA, Robert Poland Fort Collins CO
thorstenlemke

Re: Script shortcut keys

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert,no, not supported under Cocoa. That was a way in Carbon apps.But simple use the system control panel. You can define a shortcut for a menu item by name.ThorstenOn 06 Feb 2014, at 21:56, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: Hi,I seem to recall in the distant past there was a way to assign, within GC, a shortcut key combo to user created scripts in the GC script folder. Maybe as a sufix to the scripts name.Does that still exist or did it ever?TIA,
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, That works now. Thanks. On Feb 6, 2014, at 1:59 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hi Robert, > > > no, not supported under Cocoa. That was a way in Carbon apps. > But simple use the system control panel. You can define a shortcut for a menu item by name. > > Thorsten > > On 06 Feb 2014, at 21:56, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I seem to recall in the distant past there was a way to assign, within GC, a shortcut key combo to user created scripts in the GC script folder. Maybe as a sufix to the scripts name. >> >> Does that still exist or did it ever? >> >> TIA, > Robert Poland Fort Collins CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thosten,Is there any access to existing shortcut keys so I could disable one?Hi Robert,no, not supported under Cocoa. That was a way in Carbon apps.But simple use the system control panel. You can define a shortcut for a menu item by name.ThorstenOn 06 Feb 2014, at 21:56, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: Hi,I seem to recall in the distant past there was a way to assign, within GC, a shortcut key combo to user created scripts in the GC script folder. Maybe as a sufix to the scripts name.Does that still exist or did it ever?TIA,
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert,I have no list, yet. But there are various tools which show the existing shortcuts.Thorsten On 06 Feb 2014, at 22:25, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: Thosten,Is there any access to existing shortcut keys so I could disable one?Hi Robert,no, not supported under Cocoa. That was a way in Carbon apps.But simple use the system control panel. You can define a shortcut for a menu item by name.Thorsten
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On Feb 7, 2014, at 12:42 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hi Robert, > > I have no list, yet. But there are various tools which show the existing shortcuts. So far I have not been able to find any of these. There many for adding but none for removing. Many for specific apps but no general use. I would like to be able to use the Red Eye shortcuts for Trimming scripts. > Thorsten > > On 06 Feb 2014, at 22:25, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Thosten, >> >> Is there any access to existing shortcu t keys so I could disable one? >> >> Hi Robert, >> >> no, not supported under Cocoa. That was a way in Carbon apps. >> But s imple use the system control panel. You can define a shortcut for a menu item by name. >> >> Thorsten >> Robert Poland Fort Collins CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert, I use this myself: http://www.mediaatelier.com/CheatSheet/ Thorsten On 07.02.2014, at 14:04, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > > On Feb 7, 2014, at 12:42 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > >> Hi Robert, >> >> I have no list, yet. But there are various tools which show the existing shortcuts. > > So far I have not been able to find any of these. There many for adding but none for removing. Many for specific apps but no general use. > > I would like to be able to use the Red Eye shortcuts for Trimming scripts.
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

Hey Bob, On Feb 07, 2014, at 07:04, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:I have no list, yet. But there are various tools which show the existing shortcuts.So far I have not been able to find any of these. There many for adding but none for removing. Many for specific apps but no general use.Thorsten is talking about listing existing keyboard shortcuts - not changing them.As he mentions Cheetsheet is pretty good for a freebie.KeyCue is much better, but it's expensive.I would like to be able to use the Red Eye shortcuts for Trimming scripts.So what's stopping you?Change them using the System Keyboard Preferences, or buy Keyboard Maestro and do whatever you like.--Best Regards,Chris
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On Feb 7, 2014, at 6:23 AM, Christopher Stone <listmeister@thestoneforge.com> wrote: > > Hey Bob, > > On Feb 07, 2014, at 07:04, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >>> I have no list, yet. But there are various tools which show the existing shortcuts. >> >> So far I have not been able to find any of these. There many for adding but none for removing. Many for specific apps but no general use. > > Thorsten is talking about listing existing keyboard shortcuts - not changing them. Right, darn. > As he mentions Cheetsheet is pretty good for a freebie. I have used stand KeyCue in the past, they get invasive. > KeyCue is much better, but it's expensive. > >> I would like to be able to use the Red Eye shortcuts for Trimming scripts. > > So what's stopping you? Assigning the same shortcut combo to two different functions is not good. > Change them using the System Keyboard Preferences, or buy Keyboard Maestro and do whatever you like. I see no way to delete a built in shortcut in System Keyboard Preferences. Will check out Keyboard Maestro. > -- > Best Regards, > Chris Robert Poland Fort Collins CO