B&W to back to Color

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Craig Bacon

B&W to back to Color

Post by Craig Bacon »

How can you tell if a picture has a color profile? Is it by seeing Red, Green and Blue channels? I’m not even sure if I’m using the right words here. I have a b&w picture. When I was using an earlier version of GC (8 something I think), when browsing the containing folder the picture looked color in the display (grid showing the pictures, column of folders on the right), but the Preview Window shoed the picture as b&w. Also, if the Icon size in the Display was too big, it changed to b&w. I just got a new computer and loaded GC9. I’m thinking the photo has a color profile but I don’t know how to tell. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
thorstenlemke

Re: B&W to back to Color

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Craig,please e-mail the file.Thorsten On 09.02.2014, at 00:45, Craig Bacon <cd_bacon@yahoo.com> wrote: How can you tell if a picture has a color profile?  Is it by seeing Red, Green and Blue channels?  I’m not even sure if I’m using the right words here.I have a b&w picture.  When I was using an earlier version of GC (8 something I think), when browsing the containing folder the picture looked color in the display (grid showing the pictures, column of folders on the right), but the Preview Window shoed the picture as b&w.  Also, if the Icon size in the Display was too big, it changed to b&w.I just got a new computer and loaded GC9.I’m thinking the photo has a color profile but I don’t know how to tell.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.