Save BMP in 4-bit color?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
em315

Save BMP in 4-bit color?

Post by em315 »

For a Windows-based project I need to create some BMP files with 4-bit color. Although GC says it supports BMP files in 1 and 4-bit format, I can't see any way to get the color depth below 8-bit. Am I missing something obvious?Thanks for any help.
thorstenlemke

Re: Save BMP in 4-bit color?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please use the old version 7 for this legacy sub format.The current version has no palette support due Cocoa and 64 bit usage.ThorstenOn 20.02.2014, at 04:11, <Edward_Mendelson@ziffdavis.com> <Edward_Mendelson@ziffdavis.com> wrote: For a Windows-based project I need to create some BMP files with 4-bit color. Although GC says it supports BMP files in 1 and 4-bit format, I can't see any way to get the color depth below 8-bit. Am I missing something obvious?
em315

Post by em315 »

Thank you. I will get version 7.Two points:First, your web site still says that GC supports 1-bit, 4-bit, etc. formats for BMP.Second, I have registration codes for versions 8 and 9. Is it possible to get one for version 7 so that I can use it for legacy formats like this?Thank you!
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,the v8 license is valid for the v7, too.The import of 1, 4 bit is still supported. I convert to 8 bit or more during the import.Thorsten On 20.02.2014, at 15:14, Edward_Mendelson@ziffdavis.com wrote: Second, I have registration codes for versions 8 and 9. Is it possible to get one for version 7 so that I can use it for legacy formats like this?