Printing an image over multiple pages

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
David Morrison

Printing an image over multiple pages

Post by David Morrison »

I have a high resolution portrait image that I want to print at A3 size. I would like to print it on two landscape A4 pages. Using the Page Setup dialogue, I set the orientation of the paper to landscape. Using the print dialogue options, I set Image size to Original Size, and Fit to Page to Overlap. However, it seems to ignore the Page Setup landscape setting, and formats it for four portrait A4 pages. WhenI go back to Page Setup, it is back to portrait paper again. Is there some way to do this that I have not yet discovered, or is this a bug? This is GC 8.7.1 Cheers David
thorstenlemke

Re: Printing an image over multiple pages

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi David,thanks for your e-mail.Which MacOS do you use?ThorstenOn 20.02.2014, at 14:16, David Morrison <davidmorrisonlist@gmail.com> wrote: I have a high resolution portrait image that I want to print at A3 size. I would like to print it on two landscape A4 pages.Using the Page Setup dialogue, I set the orientation of the paper to landscape.Using the print dialogue options, I set Image size to Original Size, and Fit to Page to Overlap.However, it seems to ignore the Page Setup landscape setting, and formats it for four portrait A4 pages.WhenI go back to Page Setup, it is back to portrait paper again.Is there some way to do this that I have not yet discovered, or is this a bug?This is GC 8.7.1CheersDavid
David Morrison

Post by David Morrison »

>I have a high resolution portrait image that I want to print at A3 >size. I would like to print it on two landscape A4 pages. > >Using the Page Setup dialogue, I set the orientation of the paper to >landscape. > >Using the print dialogue options, I set Image size to Original Size, >and Fit to Page to Overlap. > >However, it seems to ignore the Page Setup landscape setting, and >formats it for four portrait A4 pages. > >WhenI go back to Page Setup, it is back to portrait paper again. > >Is there some way to do this that I have not yet discovered, or is this a bug? I have found a partial answer. In the Preferences:Printing, there is a setting called Orientation: Depending on image proportions. If I uncheck that, I get the result I want, ie, printed on two landscape pages. However, in general I would prefer to have the orientation set depending on the image proportions. It would be useful if this setting were in the print dialogue rather than in preferences, so it could be changed for individual print jobs. Cheers David
David Morrison

Post by David Morrison »

At 14:23 +0100 20/2/14, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > >Hi David, > >thanks for your e-mail. > >Which MacOS do you use? It is 10.8.5. David >Thorsten > >On 20.02.2014, at 14:16, David Morrison ><<mailto:davidmorrisonlist@gmail.com>davidmorrisonlist@gmail.com> >wrote: > >>I have a high resolution portrait image that I want to print at A3 >>size. I would like to print it on two landscape A4 pages. >> >>Using the Page Setup dialogue, I set the orientation of the paper >>to landscape. >> >>Using the print dialogue options, I set Image size to Original Size, >>and Fit to Page to Overlap. >> >>However, it seems to ignore the Page Setup landscape setting, and >>formats it for four portrait A4 pages. >> >>WhenI go back to Page Setup, it is back to portrait paper again. >> >>Is there some way to do this that I have not yet discovered, or is >>this a bug? >> >>This is GC 8.7.1 >> >>Cheers >> >>David >> > >