GC stops responding after opening

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

Re: GC stops responding after opening [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,is there maybe a recursive alias? What happens if you select another browse folder?Thorsten [Attachment(s) from wdydfft@yahoo.ca [gcmac] included below]Yup still on 10.6.8 nothing changed in the OS. Issues started with GC 8.8.2, I tried upgrading to 8.8.3 tried the first aid app no help. I attached the core dump after running GC for a minute or two.  From the activity monitor GC uses 100% of the CPU and the RAM usage grows linearly I killed the process after a few minutes when it got to over 500+MB...It really did start out of the blue... any ideas?
wdydfft

Re: GC stops responding after opening [1 Attachment]

Post by wdydfft »

GC runs fine as another user just tells me I don't have a licence.  So luckily I was able to do some work today in the trial mode...I have also tried manually trashing $/Library/Application\ Support/GraphicConverter/it didn't help...Like you suggested I tried to open a folder on a different partition which doesn't have any aliases GC still hangs.
thorstenlemke

Re: GC stops responding after opening

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,one idea. Maybe you have a very large iPhoto or Aperture database with corruptions. So, go to the prefs part browser and check the option for an alternative database (set both to none).What happens now?Thorsten GC runs fine as another user just tells me I don't have a licence.  So luckily I was able to do some work today in the trial mode...I have also tried manually trashing $/Library/Application\ Support/GraphicConverter/it didn't help...Like you suggested I tried to open a folder on a different partition which doesn't have any aliases GC still hangs.
wdydfft

Re: GC stops responding after opening

Post by wdydfft »

I couldn't get into GC to even get into preferences it hanged pretty bad...But good news is emptying Trash fixed it up... Don't know if it was number of files or some recursive aliases I had in the trash but GC starts up again now...