Slideshow and window behavior not working on GC9.1 under OS10.9.2

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
petri71

Slideshow and window behavior not working on GC9.1 under OS10.9.2

Post by petri71 »

Hello,MY GC is having strange behavior, first of all, it never opens the browser at start up when it's supposed to do so in the prefs.Then I go to the menu file-->browse, then he opens the window to chose which folder to open and in the background the browser appears at the same time.Same if I want to open the window "about GC", nothing happens until I get the pop to open a folder, then I get the browser and the "about GC" window...And now with the Slideshow it's the same, when I launch the slideshow, GC menu disappears, and it looks like the slideshow is being played in the background because I can hear some videos, but I can't see it... I need to force GC to quit to access the menu again.I tried to delete the plist files but it does not do any change...What should I do ?
thorstenlemke

Re: Slideshow and window behavior not working on GC9.1 under OS10.9.

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,did you try to trash the prefs?ThorstenOn 21.04.2014, at 05:48, <petri71@yahoo.com> <petri71@yahoo.com> wrote: Hello,MY GC is having strange behavior, first of all, it never opens the browser at start up when it's supposed to do so in the prefs.Then I go to the menu file-->browse, then he opens the window to chose which folder to open and in the background the browser appears at the same time.Same if I want to open the window "about GC", nothing happens until I get the pop to open a folder, then I get the browser and the "about GC" window...And now with the Slideshow it's the same, when I launch the slideshow, GC menu disappears, and it looks like the slideshow is being played in the background because I can hear some videos, but I can't see it... I need to force GC to quit to access the menu again.I tried to delete the plist files but it does not do any change...What should I do ?
petri71

Post by petri71 »

Hi Thortsten,Yes I tried, twice... all of the prefs actually... but it does not change anything...
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,please download the First Aid app and retry:http://www.lemkesoft.org/files/graphicc ... ThorstenOn 21.04.2014, at 14:57, <petri71@yahoo.com> <petri71@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi Thortsten,Yes I tried, twice... all of the prefs actually... but it does not change anything...__._,_.__. 
petri71

Post by petri71 »

Hiinstalled, trashed the prefs but still the same..in my prefs GC9 is supposed to open the browser to a specific path (the picture folder)...and it doesn't...but as soon as I ask to open smith, an image, a browser, even the prefs... suddenly the browser opens itself...it was as if it was hidden somewhere...somehow I think that the slideshow is doing the same thing... playing in the background somewhere...after many attempt, the app is freezing, meaning I can't access it anymore, I click on the icon but it does not appear...so I need to force quitNote : I just had the idea of deselecting the "open program at launch" and restart... then the browser would open immediately where left off... then I selected again and closed GC and reopen and GC would open the browser immediately at the right location but I can only do it once, the next time GC opens without the browser and the same problem is here again...same with the slideshow.. it works if the open program at launch is not selected or at the first launch right after selecting the button...
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,is maybe the MacOS 10.9.2 restore windows feature active? That does override/disable this feature.ThorstenOn 23.04.2014, at 13:35, <petri71@yahoo.com> <petri71@yahoo.com> wrote: Hiinstalled, trashed the prefs but still the same..in my prefs GC9 is supposed to open the browser to a specific path (the picture folder)...and it doesn't...but as soon as I ask to open smith, an image, a browser, even the prefs... suddenly the browser opens itself...it was as if it was hidden somewhere...somehow I think that the slideshow is doing the same thing... playing in the background somewhere...after many attempt, the app is freezing, meaning I can't access it anymore, I click on the icon but it does not appear...so I need to force quitNote : I just had the idea of deselecting the "open program at launch" and restart... then the browser would open immediately where left off... then I selected again and closed GC and reopen and GC would open the browser immediately at the right location but I can only do it once, the next time GC opens without the browser and the same problem is here again...same with the slideshow.. it works if the open program at launch is not selected or at the first launch right after selecting the button...
petri71

Post by petri71 »

sorry I don't see what you are talking about...some settings in Maverick's prefs or else ?could not find anything like that...
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Petri71,sorry for the delay.Here is a screenshot.Just uncheck that 10.7 or later feature in the GC prefs.ThorstenOn 24.04.2014, at 14:13, petri71@yahoo.com wrote: sorry I don't see what you are talking about...some settings in Maverick's prefs or else ?could not find anything like that...
petri71

Post by petri71 »

OK got it...unchecked and now it's all working good.Thank you !